Timestamp font adjustments

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
BiloxiGeek

Timestamp font adjustments

Post by BiloxiGeek »

Could we get an option to adjust the size of the timestamp font? The timestamp in images and video I'm getting from a 1920x1080 camera is really tiny in the corner, almost to being unreadable. I think it would have to be specific to each monitor. A global change could fix a high resolution camera but would likely make the timestamp too large on a low resolution camera.
mminehan

Re: Timestamp font adjustments

Post by mminehan »

I would like to support this request too.
With HD IP cameras coming down in price image sizes of 1980x1020 are not unreasonable. But the timestamp is so small you can't read it.
I gather there are some zm font folders to look at, but having an option from the settings would be awesome.
Marty
alarmix

Post by alarmix »

We would badly need this feature, too.
Several users complained about the timestamps being unreadable, even on lower resolutions.
Mad Professor

Post by Mad Professor »

I would also like to express my wishes to see manual adjustment of the timestamp font size, or at least the very least automatic resize of the timestamp depending on the image size.

I have been swapping out my old analog cctv cameras for 3 and 5 megapixel IP cameras, but now the timestamp is unreadable.

Best Regards.
DVB Hardware

Post by DVB Hardware »

I tried using an html font tag in the date time format, no luck
There seems to be no CSS tied to it.
Must be hard coded to be embedded in the jpeg / stream

Jimmy
Linux Mint 21 Cinnamon Mariadb 10.6.x using Master 1.37.x latest always

DVB stands for Digital VIdeo Broadcasting , retired satellite downlink supplier
Mad Professor

Post by Mad Professor »

A year has now past since this topic was started, and I am just wondering if anyone has been able to find a way to adjust the Timestamp size.

I am slowly but surely moving over to IP Camera's, I am recording at 1980x1020, this makes the Timestamp unreadable.

Thanks for your time.

Best Regards.
gregom

Post by gregom »

Me too!!! I made a custom web page to display 16 clickable cameras per monitor but there is no way to adjust the date\time stamp size. I tried using an overlay setting on my actual cameras but their options aren't flexible enough. If anything at least change timestamp size to a percentage of the image rather than a specific amount of pixels.
jbeale1

larger timestamp font please?

Post by jbeale1 »

I got ZM 1.28.1 installed on Debian 3.16.7 and working with an IP camera ( 3Mpixel GrandStream IP1536 ). The motion detection works on the 320x240 stream which is linked to also capture the full-res stream when triggered, at 2048 x1536. The only problem is the super-tiny timestamp font at this resolution, I'm hoping the text size can be increased.
PacoLM

Re: larger timestamp font please?

Post by PacoLM »

jbeale1 wrote:I got ZM 1.28.1 installed on Debian 3.16.7 and working with an IP camera ( 3Mpixel GrandStream IP1536 ). The motion detection works on the 320x240 stream which is linked to also capture the full-res stream when triggered, at 2048 x1536. The only problem is the super-tiny timestamp font at this resolution, I'm hoping the text size can be increased.
This option is available in V1.29.

After more than 15 years, no longer using ZM as surveillance system.
Now in the dark side, using a commercial system...
BiloxiGeek

Post by BiloxiGeek »

Where's the option at? Took a quick look through options and didn't see it.
PacoLM

Post by PacoLM »

BiloxiGeek wrote:Where's the option at? Took a quick look through options and didn't see it.
It's in each individual monitor:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (5.19 KiB) Viewed 15518 times

After more than 15 years, no longer using ZM as surveillance system.
Now in the dark side, using a commercial system...
jbeale1

Post by jbeale1 »

In the same menu where you can set the (X,Y) position offset of the timestamp, there is also a new font-size option. You only get two choices, "normal" or "big".
MoOz

Post by MoOz »

I would like a larger font with the option with clear backing
maybe adding a 3rd font size
or where to change it
meybe here
zm_html_view_monitor.php, ???