radius integration

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.28.x releases only.
gullio23

radius integration

Post by gullio23 »

hello,
i need to know if there is an option for radius authentication on zoneminder. there is a solution that i can implement or any suggestions?

thanks a lot
asker

Re: radius integration

Post by asker »

gullio23 wrote:hello,
i need to know if there is an option for radius authentication on zoneminder. there is a solution that i can implement or any suggestions?

thanks a lot
Not as of today, as far as I know.
You can always add your own logic --> the place where ZM validates user authentication is web/includes/actions.php
Just remember to read the code and understand how ZM manages its own authentication otherwise you may break its own checks - it does checks each time you ask for viewing events, feeds etc -- via the "canView" and "canEdit" functions
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
Linwood

Post by Linwood »

I haven't done any research on this but another possibility if you need just "on/off" type authentication as opposed to authorization levels is turn off zoneminder authentication and use radius integration with apache2 instead (I assume it can do that, I've only done ldap).
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

I found the following after reading Linwood's comment:

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/archived/LDAP ... adius.html

Sounds doable.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/