Archived Events Being Deleted...Broken

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
dazed

Archived Events Being Deleted...Broken

Post by dazed »

I think this would be more of a bug....but I'll start here.

Usually when I archive something its while viewing past events...Then I delete in mass (top Check-mark Upper Right-Marked or highlighted all).

The problemarises that If I don't forget to uncheck the archived events, they get deleted no questions asked about them.

So it seems to me the Archived events only benefit of being archived (more like being flagged) is so it shows up on the console window under archived so it can be found again easier.

Couldn't it be that it just UN-deletable until its unarchived? I've accidentally lost many archived events this way...Would be a nice upgrade!

Thanks
Happy New Year ZM!
Last edited by dazed on Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeremy

Re: Archived Events Being Deleted...Broken

Post by Jeremy »

I really like this idea. Ideally, I would love for the recordings in the "Events" list to only show NON-archived videos. When I archive the recording, I only want it to be in the "Archived" list. I have tried creating a "filter" to do this but it doesn't seem to be able to do that.

My workflow is like this:
1) View all the new unarchived recordings in the Events list.
2) Rename any important ones and archive them.
3) Delete everything that is not archived.

It would be very helpful if my "events" list was empty after this, since everything has either been deleted or archived, and it no longer needs my attention the next time I look at the events list.

Thanks!
Southcross

Post by Southcross »

I '3rd' this... I have lost several events to this very same event, deleting en mass and not seeing that an archived item is selected :oops:
dazed

Post by dazed »

I Still screw up and delete events as well....PLEASE :wink: :wink:
dazed

Post by dazed »

Will this Suggestion (bug) make the new version?

Its anoying to accidentally delete your archived events...PLEASE?? :D

Oh another year...Happy new Year! ZM, and to all its Contributors :!:
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

The problem here is the way in which you are choosing to delete large groups of events.

The way you should be bulk deleting events is by creating a filter.
The purge-when-full filter runs on every new system and comes configured to exclude archived events. The only thing you need to do is make sure this filter deletes an appropriate number of events each time it runs (varies per system).

However, if for some strange reason you don't want the system run this filter automatically, then you can create your own bulk delete filter with the properties you choose, which will only run when you click it. Just remember to create an "and" condition that checks the "archive status" equal to "unarchived only".
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
dazed

Post by dazed »

Thats a great suggestion....It's just that sometimes on the fly (for one reason or another) I delete a page of events after I looked thru them.

It just seems like when you archive something your protecting (locking) the file...but as we all know, I am wrong to assume that.