Recording Problems

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.28.x releases only.
attila123

Recording Problems

Post by attila123 »

Hey all I'm new here :)

I've recently installed Zoneminder 1.28.1 on Centos 6.6 64 bit on a virtual machine and I'm getting this problem that seems to be filling up my hard drive with bogus events at an insanely fast rate.

This is an example of it (I uploaded to imgur but this forum won't let me link it properly) and it seems to happen every 2-5 seconds imgur(.)com/Fz5gx2r.jpg

The camera I'm using is a Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I and on it's own web interface this never happens.

Any help would be appreciated thank you.
Last edited by attila123 on Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
asker

Re: Recording Problems

Post by asker »

Is your source type ffmpeg?
attila123 wrote:Hey all I'm new here :)

I've recently installed Zoneminder 1.28.1 on Centos 6.6 64 bit on a virtual machine and I'm getting this problem that seems to be filling up my hard drive with bogus events at an insanely fast rate.

This is an example of it (I uploaded to imgur but this forum won't let me link it properly) and it seems to happen every 2-5 seconds imgur(.)com/Fz5gx2r.jpg

The camera I'm using is a Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I and on it's own web interface this never happens.

I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
attila123

Post by attila123 »

asker wrote:Is your source type ffmpeg?

Yes it is.
asker

Post by asker »

Try the native rtsp option or other strategies
http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.ph ... SP_streams

attila123 wrote:
asker wrote:Is your source type ffmpeg?

Yes it is.
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

ES docs
zmNinja docs
attila123

Post by attila123 »

Okay so I've tried every single other option and I just get blank screens with Remote and VLC, only setting that works is the ffmpeg and RTP/RTSP link. I have set the maximum frames to way higher than the camera can actually do and I think that has done the trick, I will test it out for about an hour and report back on any smudging events.

Edit: Yup increasing the fps seems to have done the trick, I set it to 40 fps while the camera is running at 3 mp 20 fps.
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

The Maximum FPS in the ZM Monitor setup is for local cameras. Value should be (blank) for everything else.

bb
asker

Post by asker »

bbunge wrote:The Maximum FPS in the ZM Monitor setup is for local cameras. Value should be (blank) for everything else.

bb
Actually, it should be set to a value higher than the FPS of your in-camera setting. If you don't and your camera goes offline, ZM eats up all the CPU.

ES docs
zmNinja docs