Having trouble getting custom PTZ script to work

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.28.x releases only.
theforce

Having trouble getting custom PTZ script to work

Post by theforce »

I'm getting this error when trying to get my custom script to work with my PTZ cameras.

Can't load ZoneMinder::Control::Wanscam

I've checked the file and it has the same file permissions as the others and everything is named exactly the same way in the control capabilities and inside the script. I was working a few months ago but recently stopped. I dont know exactly when as I rarely ever use the PTZ features and just recently tried.

Running Ubuntu server 14.02 and Zoneminder 1.28.1
asker

Re: Having trouble getting custom PTZ script to work

Post by asker »

There could be many reasons, one being that you may not have associated the new control script to ZM properly. See http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.ph ... the_script -- something may have changed in your ZM settings that might have removed a past working scenario.
theforce wrote:I'm getting this error when trying to get my custom script to work with my PTZ cameras.

Can't load ZoneMinder::Control::Wanscam

I've checked the file and it has the same file permissions as the others and everything is named exactly the same way in the control capabilities and inside the script. I was working a few months ago but recently stopped. I dont know exactly when as I rarely ever use the PTZ features and just recently tried.

Running Ubuntu server 14.02 and Zoneminder 1.28.1
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
theforce

Post by theforce »

I've done all of that and it still wont load my script. I can change it to one of the default foscam scripts and can get the camera partially working but not all of the features. I switch back over to my script and it gives that error. I remember getting this or an error like this when I first set it up back on 1.25 a good while back and it was just a naming issue but all the names in all the locations are the same. I guess I can just start a copy of the foscam script and modify it from there and see if it works.
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

Over time, as changes are made to the way control scripts are handled in ZoneMinder, third party/custom control scripts become broken until they are updated.

This is why we recommend you either:
a) use the control scripts that ship with zoneminder
- or -
b) generate a pull request on github to get your control script into the source, assuming that script isn't already there

In your case, a Wanscam script was introduced in ZoneMinder 1.28.0.
It is possible that, if you upgraded a dB to this version rather than created a new dB, it may not show up in UI. To make it show up, use "zmcamtool.pl --import" as root from the commandline.

It's also possible that your attempts to add a custom Wanscam script could be interfering with the one that shipped with ZoneMinder.

UPDATE: spelling. Yes, I know. It is terrible.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/