What OPTIONS_FFMPEG are supported by libav/ffmpeg?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.28.x releases only.
solarix

What OPTIONS_FFMPEG are supported by libav/ffmpeg?

Post by solarix »

It seems the only option that I can get to work is loglevel=debug or at least nothing I have tried can make any obvious difference in the image output of the camera. The test camera is running ffmpeg rtsp/unicast I have tried scaling, sharpen, blur etc. The option being set is logged in debug but the output of the video is not being affected.

Jerry
Debian 7.8 Zoneminder 1.28.1 from source AMD FX-8370 Processor 16 gig of ram. 11 HD IP cameras.
linuxsense

Re: What OPTIONS_FFMPEG are supported by libav/ffmpeg?

Post by linuxsense »

I started to use "allowed_media_types=video, bitrate=2048" for my cams a while ago, not sure if they are still supported, but they still work very well. If I remember correctly I was getting some odd errors without using the allowed_media_types set to 'video' and setting the cams to a fixed bitrate and defining it on the ZM side got rid of some occasionally corrupted images.
snake

Post by snake »

I looked in the ffmpeg docs and I see allowed_media_types here:

https://www.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-all.html#rtsp

It seems like these rtsp flags should work. But I tried some other flags here such as stimeout which I got a response in ZM logs that ffmpeg didn't understand that option.

Maybe someone who knows zm_ffmpeg_camera.cpp can explain?
mikb

Post by mikb »

I believe that OPTIONS_FFMPEG setting on ZoneMinder are only for when re-coding a recorded event (stored as JPGs) to EXPORT for a video file, and are nothing to do with acquiring the stream from the camera. Therefore, no changes you make will affect the view/quality of what you are seeing to the output of the camera when viewed live, or viewed playback of an event.