New ZoneMinder Mobile App

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.28.x releases only.
knight-of-ni

New ZoneMinder Mobile App

Post by knight-of-ni »

We've had someone step up and volunteer to write a new mobile app for ZoneMinder.

You can read about it here:
https://github.com/ZoneMinder/ZoneMinder/issues/559

At the moment, it looks to be a complete rewrite since the eyeZm author has not responded.

We are looking for suggestions and eventually people willing to test.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
Biggus

Re: New ZoneMinder Mobile App

Post by Biggus »

This is fantastic news, Most CCTV software boasts about been able to view on tablets/phones. This is handy for when your away from home. Eyezm was good whilst it lasted but its now hard to get it working without hacking about.
McFuzz

Post by McFuzz »

I can safely say I am a huge user of EyeZM and will be happy to test it on iOS whenever something comes out!
apbb2

Post by apbb2 »

I also am a big user of EyeZm but as I have been upgrading my installs, 5 currently with a 6th one going in soon, it has become problematic.

I am no coder by any means but would love to help test it out and give feedback.
peloy

Post by peloy »

For Android, there is a very good application called "ZMView". It's in the Google Play store.

They have a free version that is ad-supported and a pro version that doesn't have ads and has some extra features like HTTPS and access to more ZoneMinder events (free version only has access to 8 events). I used the free version for a long time and was quite happy with it. I recently updated to the pro version.
Shoe123

Post by Shoe123 »

get it working without hacking about.
tonydotigr

Post by tonydotigr »

Anymore information around this app? Eager to give it a try...
McFuzz

Post by McFuzz »

By the way - ZmView (for Android) has been ported to iOS! Available now on the appstore...

One problem I've noticed - while you can apparently log into your box from outside your LAN (i.e. enable port forwarding, or something along those lines), it apparently does not show streams - logs show 'Unable to authenticate user' as the error message whenever I try to open any stream. I should also note I am connecting via HTTPS when outside my LAN, and HTTP when inside.

Also landscape mode doesn't quite work... hopefully all the bugs will be figured out soon.
tonydotigr

Post by tonydotigr »

McFuzz wrote:By the way - ZmView (for Android) has been ported to iOS! Available now on the appstore...

One problem I've noticed - while you can apparently log into your box from outside your LAN (i.e. enable port forwarding, or something along those lines), it apparently does not show streams - logs show 'Unable to authenticate user' as the error message whenever I try to open any stream. I should also note I am connecting via HTTPS when outside my LAN, and HTTP when inside.

Also landscape mode doesn't quite work... hopefully all the bugs will be figured out soon.
Thank you, been waiting forever for an app that works with iOS. I don't seem to have any problems where on local network or carrier network. Might want to make sure you setup using your external IP. There were two versions of this that showed up on the app store, I used ZmView Zoneminder by Paul Marinas.
McFuzz

Post by McFuzz »

tonydotigr wrote:
McFuzz wrote:By the way - ZmView (for Android) has been ported to iOS! Available now on the appstore...

Thank you, been waiting forever for an app that works with iOS. I don't seem to have any problems where on local network or carrier network. Might want to make sure you setup using your external IP. There were two versions of this that showed up on the app store, I used ZmView Zoneminder by Paul Marinas.

There is no problem if you dont use HTTPS, but I do - and hence the problem I have. I can log into my server from carrier network via HTTPS no problem when using ZmView, but I can't view any streams -- so obviously it can communicate with the box, but something else is afoot. I emailed Paul so we'll see.
tonydotigr

Post by tonydotigr »

McFuzz wrote:
tonydotigr wrote:

There is no problem if you dont use HTTPS, but I do - and hence the problem I have. I can log into my server from carrier network via HTTPS no problem when using ZmView, but I can't view any streams -- so obviously it can communicate with the box, but something else is afoot. I emailed Paul so we'll see.
Let me know if you find a solution for HTTPS, I'd like to use.
Nerre

Post by Nerre »

If I don't remember wrong, https requires the paid version of zmview?
tonydotigr

Post by tonydotigr »

Wonder if someone with SSL could verify.

Ran across how to setup... http://www.serveradventures.com/the-adv ... -and-https
McFuzz

Post by McFuzz »

I actually have a valid cert for my server and, for whatever reason, things are working fine now... odd!
Biggus

Post by Biggus »

Oh brilliant what I needed works fine on my iPhone, I think a iPad sized app would be the icing on the cake!