How to implement MPEG with a HitVision DS-2CD2112-I camera?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.26.x releases only.
cardi44

How to implement MPEG with a HitVision DS-2CD2112-I camera?

Post by cardi44 »

Hi ! i'm new at zm, i'm from argentina, and i have a not very regular english, sorry if there is a gramatical error. I'm doing a proyect with a few cameras, i could install all like the wiki says, but i need to perform my server and need the streming working in mpeg instead of jpeg. First of all, i don't know where i can configure that, i try changing the path in the source path of the camera, and i try to change in the option menu, in the B/N tab, i chose mpeg instead of jpeg, pero i have a lot of errors in the log and i don't know wich is the right way, anyone know?
bbunge

Re: How to implement MPEG with a HitVision DS-2CD2112-I came

Post by bbunge »

See: http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.php/Hikvision

Use the ffmpeg source option and make sure the resolution (capture width and height) matches what you have your cameras set for. Leave the Max FPS blank in Zoneminder.
cardi44

Re: How to implement MPEG with a HitVision DS-2CD2112-I came

Post by cardi44 »

Thanks for your answer ! I have installed all like this post, and I can see very well the streaming. But when I change in zm to configure, specifically, when i select "Mpeg" instead of "Jpeg" in the "High B/W" menu, i see black in the scrren to stream. If i change it again to jpeg, i can see it perfectly. I need zm works in mpeg becouse i need a lot of cameras in zm server.