Camera Settings for D-link DCS942L

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.27.x releases only.
linuxsense

Re: Camera Settings for D-link DCS942L

Post by linuxsense »

Ahh. I misunderstood your post, thought you said it worked if you did a 'sh wget'. You need to run the bootstrap script if you want to use configure, but read the install doc, you probably want to use cmake as shown in it.
rodeored

Post by rodeored »

I did read the INSTALL doc, but when I use cmake, it just gives me a list of help instructions. INSTALL says it doesn't need any arguments, so what am I missing?
linuxsense

Post by linuxsense »

You ran the command shown in the doc?

Code: Select all

cmake -DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE=ON .
Note the period at the end.
rodeored

Post by rodeored »

No, but that command works.
Now I'm getting messages: can't find ZLIB, CURL or SSL
Actually it says "Could NOT find ZLIB (missing:>> ZLIB_LIBRARY ZLIB_INCLUDE_DIR)"
I'm still trying to figure that out. They don't seem to be mentioned anywhere as required dependencies. Aren't they part of the operating system?
How do I tell if they are already installed, or is the path missing from some config file?
linuxsense

Post by linuxsense »

To compile zoneminder you need the development libs of several packages but it varies depending on what options you want. You will want to build ffmpeg from source with x264 before you build zoneminder and you will need libvlc, libcurl, libssl-dev, etc. The errors pretty much tell you what you need but it will only fail on required libs, for optional libs you need to check cmakes output and supply libs that you want.

Start with ffmpeg, build it with x264, and go from there. You probably want to use this snapshot of the ffmpeg source: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/651 ... 688.tar.gz

This is my configure line for ffmpeg:

Code: Select all

./configure --enable-shared --enable-swscale --enable-gpl --enable-libx264 --enable-libvpx --enable-libvorbis --enable-libtheora
Make sure you dont have any ffmpeg libs laying around from ffmpeg that was installed via a package or you might run into trouble.
rodeored

Post by rodeored »

Can you please tell me how to paste into the command line, or else how to save a file to a directory with root permission. I'm really really tired of having to type everything from scratch into the command line.
linuxsense

Post by linuxsense »

Install 'gpm' to enable a mouse in a shell, save the commands to a text file and either scp it to the Linux box or fetch it from somewhere with wget. You might want to just use a ssh client on another machine though,that will make it easy to cut and paste.
rodeored

Post by rodeored »

I installed gpn but where there is no mouse cursor.
What else do I have to do?
linuxsense

Post by linuxsense »

sudo service gpm start?
rodeored

Post by rodeored »

I didnt' start it correctly.
Now that its started, how do I paste between users?
I copy from a webpage as a user, then I need need to paste as root in the command line, but when I go to root the clipboard loses the value, so its worthless. How do I copy from a web page and paste into root?
linuxsense

Post by linuxsense »

I would strongly suggest you install a ssh client on another PC and use it to access the server remotely so you can cut/paste/whatever. If you are a windows user you can download Putty for free. This is getting way into Linux 101 and really has nothing to do with zoneminder. I am not trying to be an ass, but building software like this from source takes a good understanding of the environment you are working in that I cant teach you in a forum. I am happy to help with the ZM specific issues but if you don't know how to access the server remotely from Linux or Windows so you can paste commands you need to throttle back and educate yourself a bit. Building ZM and its dependencies from source takes about 30 minutes but it requires some knowledge of Linux as cutting and pasting commands from how-to articles and forums wont help when you run into an error. Myself and others here will certainly help you out but this is not the place to discuss using a mouse in a shell or other simple Linux use issues.
rodeored

Post by rodeored »

I know how to use putty but its not working. It just says host does not exist.
rodeored

Post by rodeored »

I did manage to install some missing libraries but When I try cmake -DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE=ON .
I still get:
could NOT find OpenSSL, try to set the path to OpenSSL root folder in the system variable OPENSSL_ROOT_DIR (missing: OPENSSL_LIBRARIES OPENSSL_INCLUDE_DIR)
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:242 (message):
zm requires mysqlclient but it was not found on your system

Open SSL is installed. What is the problem?
# openssl version -a
OpenSSL 1.0.1e-fips 11 Feb 2013
built on: Tue Apr 8 00:32:27 UTC 2014
platform: linux-elf
options: bn(64,32) md2(int) rc4(1x,char) des(ptr,risc1,16,long) idea(int) blowfish(idx)
compiler: gcc -fPIC -DOPENSSL_PIC -DZLIB -DOPENSSL_THREADS -D_REENTRANT -DDSO_DLFCN -DHAVE_DLFCN_H -DKRB5_MIT -DL_ENDIAN -DTERMIO -Wall -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -grecord-gcc-switches -m32 -march=i686 -mtune=atom -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -Wa,--noexecstack -DPURIFY -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_PART_WORDS -DOPENSSL_IA32_SSE2 -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_MONT -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_GF2m -DSHA1_ASM -DSHA256_ASM -DSHA512_ASM -DMD5_ASM -DRMD160_ASM -DAES_ASM -DVPAES_ASM -DWHIRLPOOL_ASM -DGHASH_ASM
OPENSSLDIR: "/etc/pki/tls"
engines: dynamic
rodeored

Post by rodeored »

Never mind. I installed mysql-devel and now it can find openssl
rodeored

Post by rodeored »

Now when I cmake it says
could not find perl modules missing: PERLMODULES_EXTUTILS_MAKEMAKER_MODULE:
How do I fix that?