Problem with EasyN H3-V10R Wi-Fi Camera

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.27.x releases only.
aginzu

Problem with EasyN H3-V10R Wi-Fi Camera

Post by aginzu »

I can connect to the camera and it starts to capture with ZM 1.27.1 for a few seconds using RTSP but zmc_m2 exits abnormally after producing the message "RTCP timed out".

Any idea what may be causing this?
TheKorn

Re: Problem with EasyN H3-V10R Wi-Fi Camera

Post by TheKorn »

Could be lots of things, you need to give more info so we can narrow down the range. A good way to start is to list everything on the source tab of the monitor.
aginzu

Post by aginzu »

I have since gotten it to improve by changing the remote method from RTSP/unicast to RTP/RTSP and reducing the camera's frame rate (on the camera's admin page) from 12 fps to 5 fps. It still gets the RTSP time outs, but only about every 15 minutes. It's almost useable! Any help is greatly appreciated.

Here is the source configuration:

Remote Protocol: RTSP
Remote Method: RTP/RTSP
Remote Host Name: admin:admin@10.0.0.75
Remote Host Port: 554
Remote Host Path: rtsp://admin:admin@10.0.0.75:554/11
Target Colorspace: 24 bit colour
Capture Width (pixels): 1280
Capture Height (pixels): 720
Preserve Aspect Ratio
Orientation: Normal
Deinterlacing: Disabled
TheKorn

Post by TheKorn »

aginzu wrote:Remote Protocol: RTSP
Remote Method: RTP/RTSP
Remote Host Name: admin:admin@10.0.0.75
Remote Host Port: 554
Remote Host Path: rtsp://admin:admin@10.0.0.75:554/11
Target Colorspace: 24 bit colour
Capture Width (pixels): 1280
Capture Height (pixels): 720
Preserve Aspect Ratio
Orientation: Normal
Deinterlacing: Disabled
Super strongly suggest switching from source type "remote" to either ffmpeg or libvlc. (They both handle RTSP just fine.) I'm sure remote rtsp works well with something, I just haven't found what. :mrgreen:
TheKorn

Post by TheKorn »

Also suggest switching to a 32-bit colorspace, unless you have a really good reason not to.
aginzu

Post by aginzu »

libvlc doesn't work at all, the monitor indicator remains red. I tried ffmpeg with both 24 and 32-bit color but it's worse than RTSP. The monitor image frequently breaks up, generating motion events. I have attached a sample jpeg.

I appreciate your suggestions.
Attachments
Image captured using ffmpeg
Image captured using ffmpeg
001-capture.jpg (115.73 KiB) Viewed 7119 times
jHeron

Post by jHeron »

I have the same camera, its working great except the IR night visoin does not work, I am suspect that it is a defective camera. Does your night vision work? If so did you have to change any settings in the camers OS? I saw no IR option switch anywhere...
Here are my settings:
Source type: LibVlc
Source path: rtsp://admin:admin@<yourIP>:554/11 (11 is for the HD stream where 12 and 13 are for the lower quality streams)
I am running this on an intel i7-4770K CPU with fedora20_64
Good luck!
Jon
TheKorn

Post by TheKorn »

Yeah that (smearing of the image) is a known bug of ffmpeg. Doesn't usually happen if you have enough horsepower, though.

Can you view the stream through VLC on a computer? If so then libvlc should work. (I find it's easier to dink around with the VLC client to get a working stream than directly in ZM.)
aginzu

Post by aginzu »

It seems to work fine with the VLC player at 10 fps, no glitches. When I try to use ZM with source type libvlc I get a syslog message that I need to have the VLC library loaded. Where can I load that from, and do I need to rebuild zoneminder after loading it or is it dynamically loaded? As I said above, VLC player works fine.

Thanks.
aginzu

Post by aginzu »

jHeron wrote:I have the same camera, its working great except the IR night visoin does not work, I am suspect that it is a defective camera. Does your night vision work? If so did you have to change any settings in the camers OS? I saw no IR option switch anywhere...
Here are my settings:
Source type: LibVlc
Source path: rtsp://admin:admin@<yourIP>:554/11 (11 is for the HD stream where 12 and 13 are for the lower quality streams)
I am running this on an intel i7-4770K CPU with fedora20_64
Good luck!
Jon
Good to see that someone has it working :mrgreen:

How did you get ZM built with libvlc? I have the libraries installed on my system, but ZM doesn't seem to connect with them so I can't run with Source type: LibVlc . Is there a configuration parameter that needs to be set so libvlc gets included?

I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 on a Core i5 system.
TheKorn

Post by TheKorn »

aginzu wrote:It seems to work fine with the VLC player at 10 fps, no glitches. When I try to use ZM with source type libvlc I get a syslog message that I need to have the VLC library loaded. Where can I load that from, and do I need to rebuild zoneminder after loading it or is it dynamically loaded? As I said above, VLC player works fine.
I don't know; I don't compile ZM but rather use the iconnor PPA. (...I'm lazy, I admit it! :D)

All I know about ZM re: vlc is here. I'd guess you're missing one of the libraries listed, but that's a WAG. (Can't hurt!)
jHeron

Post by jHeron »

I didnt build it but rather installed the prebuilt RPM from here: http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=9
Good luck!
Jon
aginzu

Post by aginzu »

I guess I'll start another thread here to see if someone knows how to build it with the VLC library included. It's great to know that it does work with this camera with libvlc.
TheKorn

Post by TheKorn »

aginzu wrote:I guess I'll start another thread here to see if someone knows how to build it with the VLC library included. It's great to know that it does work with this camera with libvlc.
Did you make sure you added the libraries in that link? Even with zm compiled correctly you need to have those libraries added for libvlc to work.
aginzu

Post by aginzu »

Yes, all the libraries are installed along with the vlc application. I just don't know how to link the libraries into ZM.