Is 1.27.x ready or is github and this site out of sync?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.27.x releases only.
chippy99

Is 1.27.x ready or is github and this site out of sync?

Post by chippy99 »

Its great that Zoneminder development is active, but latest download available here is 1.26.5 yet there is a new forum category for 1.27 (as posted in this very forum) and I keep getting prompted to install 1.27. How do users go to 1.27 if there is no download available here ?
So I presumed I needed to go to zoneminder's github site to download 1.27, but if I look at the milestones for 1.27 I see that there are still outstanding issues with this release so why has it been released ?
Fatman

Re: Is 1.27.x ready or is github and this site out of sync?

Post by Fatman »

I was wondering the same
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

1.27 has been released. 1.27 RPM's are available for CentOS and Fedora. Ubuntu deb packages are on the way.

Nowadays, this where you should look for official releases:
https://github.com/ZoneMinder/ZoneMinder/releases

You're right though. We should at a minimum add a reference to that from the legacy zoneminder download page so people know.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
chippy99

Post by chippy99 »

Thanks for the link to the github page, there is no reference to it anywhere on the zm github site. I know there are issues about the old site and github site but that should not mean that the releases page is not referenced anywhere from either site.
dazed

Post by dazed »

1.27 was ready for unbuntu server 12.04...Thank you Very much!!!

Used apt-get dist-upgrade
tstrike

Post by tstrike »

Man Zoneminder is one of the best security open source software out there and kudos to the developers!

This is actually a solution that makes me so proud to be an IT person.

I have 1.2.6 installed from source on Centos 6.4. How can I upgrade using the RPMs.. did a lot of yeoman work to get my install running and dont want to screw it up now.

Again... thank you for a job well done. It is so much superior to many other security software out there.
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

tstrike wrote:Man Zoneminder is one of the best security open source software out there and kudos to the developers!

I have 1.2.6 installed from source on Centos 6.4. How can I upgrade using the RPMs.. did a lot of yeoman work to get my install running and dont want to screw it up now.

Again... thank you for a job well done. It is so much superior to many other security software out there.
Step 1 - From the command line, navigate into the folder from which you built the previous version of zonemidner and issue the following:

Code: Select all

sudo make uninstall
Don't skip this step. The RPM's will not work if you've got files hanging around from a previous build from source.

Step 2: - Follow the instructions for the RPM's here: http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... =9&t=19119
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
tstrike

Post by tstrike »

knnniggett wrote:
tstrike wrote:Man Zoneminder is one of the best security open source software out there and kudos to the developers!

Step 1 - From the command line, navigate into the folder from which you built the previous version of zonemidner and issue the following:

Code: Select all

sudo make uninstall
Don't skip this step. The RPM's will not work if you've got files hanging around from a previous build from source.

Step 2: - Follow the instructions for the RPM's here: http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... =9&t=19119
Thanks... is there somewhere where I can give you thanks or a like? I sincerely appreciate your tip.
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

tstrike wrote: Thanks... is there somewhere where I can give you thanks or a like? I sincerely appreciate your tip.
Thank you for the complement. I think the best way to offer thanks would be to find a way to contribute back to the project in some way. If contrubting to the zoneminder source code on github isn't your thing, other opportinutes to help include things like improve documentation or offer cash bounties $ for specific improvements to zoneminder.

One thing we could use is dedicated server space to host an rpm repository.

Having followed my instructions to install zonemidner, you've gone through the steps to add three different repos and taken the steps to ensure they don't conflict with one another. If someone out there had a domain with a few gigabytes of space, we could greatly simplify the repository requirements down to just one repo.
sgrobinson

Post by sgrobinson »

Happy to help with server space for repo hosting! Have plenty going spare

scott.robinson at scoutradio dot org dot uk if you want to drop me a message about it!