eyezm on iPhone broken after Zoneminder upgrade to 1.27

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.27.x releases only.
elfking

Re: eyezm on iPhone broken after Zoneminder upgrade to 1.27

Post by elfking »

That 100% fixed the issue for me, thank you very much for finding that! :D
Biggus

Post by Biggus »

I really wish I could use eyezm but its not available in the app store to download. It's a shame development has stopped on it :-(
This would be a awesome feature to have and its becoming more of the norm today as most off the shelve systems support this.
windracer

Post by windracer »

Biggus wrote:I really wish I could use eyezm but its not available in the app store to download.
I can still see both in the iTunes store:

eyeZM: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/eyezm/id400246213?mt=8
eyeZM HD: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/eyezm-h ... 92499?mt=8

Of course, like you said, you need to decide if you want to pay for an app that hasn't been updated since 2011.
Biggus

Post by Biggus »

To my delight the eyezm app is back in the store and it let me download it! last time I tried it wouldn't work. I can now see my events. However I need to apply the skin fix, what file and what do I need to change?

Also is this logged as a bug to be fixed? I hope eyezm gets updated soon.
McFuzz

Post by McFuzz »

So here's an interesting observation - it looks like at times, attempting to log into zoneminder via eyeZM fails and the log spits this:

Code: Select all

2014-03-25 08:37:15.308176	web_php	1152	FAT	View 'login' does not exist	index.php	130

This is using both the original and flat skins. A few refreshes and it works fine but... it's a bit annoying.

Any ideas?
windracer

Post by windracer »

Biggus wrote:I can now see my events. However I need to apply the skin fix, what file and what do I need to change?
See this post for details. You need to modify the skin.php file for the XML skin.
windracer

Post by windracer »

McFuzz wrote:So here's an interesting observation - it looks like at times, attempting to log into zoneminder via eyeZM fails
I'm seeing this occasionally as well. At least a refresh seems to fix it.
stealthty

Post by stealthty »

Windracer I now and then experience the login failures as well. Refreshing indeed results in a successful login.
The logging show:
[Wed Mar 26 08:14:58 2014] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] FAT [View 'login' does not exist]
[Wed Mar 26 09:25:47 2014] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] FAT [View 'login' does not exist]
[Wed Mar 26 13:06:43 2014] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] FAT [View 'login' does not exist]
The server is looking for the file views/login.php in the zoneminder directory. That file isn't there, as I believe the program shouldn't even be looking for that file. Difference between 1st en 2nd attempt is that with the second attempt two cookies are send with the request, that are obtained from the answer of the 1st attempt. This is easily simulated to kill the eyeZM app and restart it on the iPhone. Every 1st request fails, obtains the two cookies and on the 2nd attempt succeeds as the two cookies are send with it.

I'm not familiar enough with the Zoneminder login concept to fix it, but can explain why it behaves like it does. When I have time I will dig into it,but rather have the developer have a look at it.
Fatman

Post by Fatman »

Thanks Stealthy... Worked the treat.

Ubuntu 14.04 with 1.27 Zoneminder