Cameras recording to mpg or wmv and not to much jpeg

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
mayost

Cameras recording to mpg or wmv and not to much jpeg

Post by mayost »

Peace and blessings,

First thanks for all the project, I also hope to contribute when I will be allowed.

One of the most difficult problems I encounter is that the software records the camera as a lot of jpeg files and if we assume I use the 5 cameras and wants 24 Frame per second, then one day all over my disk

I think to also give the possibility of recording Achachabakca mpg or wmv, etc.
I know that this option will not then be part of existing functions such as analyzing the capture or see TimeLine, etc. but still have to give this option because a lot of people more interesting to see the recorded files.

Even that at not so Filter helps that although it really transforms the incident to video but when I'm there, too, there will delete all events then created the video file is deleted

Thanks
fengdy

Re: Cameras recording to mpg or wmv and not to much jpeg

Post by fengdy »

+1!!
The storage of jpg files taking lots of space, therefore we need store in video format.
A loyal user from China.
alexadam1212

Post by alexadam1212 »

nice
mastertheknife

Post by mastertheknife »

Hi,

I've been working on this for a while. I have a code that saves events as h264 inside mp4 container.
Additional testing can be useful.
You can grab it here: https://github.com/ZoneMinder/ZoneMinder/tarball/video
Its pretty much a drop-in replacement for stock ZM. however, these packages are required: mp4v2, mp4v2-dev, x264, x264-dev
Need to run this SQL to add the required fields to the database: https://gist.github.com/mastertheknife/8042406
Kfir Itzhak.
Floran

Post by Floran »

I know that this option will not then be part of existing functions such as analyzing the capture or see TimeLine, etc. but still have to give this option because a lot of people more interesting to see the recorded files.