Filters not executing

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.26.x releases only.
paxx

Filters not executing

Post by paxx »

Hello,

I have FILTER_EXECUTE_INTERVAL currently set to 30 seconds and a saved filter that identifies any alarm for the day. I'm trying to offload alarms to an FTP server for backups in case the machine is damaged/stolen.

The filter works fine when manually executed but it doesn't seem to run automatically. Am I missing an option that needs to be checked to enable the filter to run every 30 seconds?

Thanks all,
mastertheknife

Re: Filters not executing

Post by mastertheknife »

What ZM version?
Kfir Itzhak.
paxx

Post by paxx »

ZM version 1.26.5 running on CentOS 6.3

thanks for your help!
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

After creating the filter and clicking the "Save" button, a popup window appears.
Did you check "Run filter in background" before clicking the Save button in the popup window?
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
sogood007

Post by sogood007 »

When I saw your question, I went to check mine and it also didn't (I just update to 1.26.5) There was error about zmfilter.pl exit status in the log. I tried running it manually and notice it complained about

Code: Select all

Bareword "ZM_DIR_EVENTS" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at /usr/bin/zmfilter.pl line 54.

I notice there is a patch in github of this
https://github.com/ZoneMinder/ZoneMinde ... 087092d065

Code: Select all

-use constant EVENT_PATH => (ZM_DIR_EVENTS=~m|/|)?ZM_DIR_EVENTS:(ZM_PATH_WEB.'/'.ZM_DIR_EVENTS);
 +use constant EVENT_PATH => ($Config{ZM_DIR_EVENTS}=~m|/|)?$Config{ZM_DIR_EVENTS}:($Config{ZM_PATH_WEB}.'/'.$Config{ZM_DIR_EVENTS});
I changed my local copy of zmfilter.pl according, the background filter seems to work after that.
duli

Post by duli »

Hello, I've just fresh installed zm 1.26.5 in a CentOS 6.5 machine. Everything is working fine.

After activating the purge when full filter, I started to see events getting deleted from database as expected, but the actual event files are not deleted. The disk percentage stays always the same (even after waiting the zmaudit interval time).

This way the filter stays running foverver... I've set the max percentage to 60 hours ago. Now the filter is still deleting events from DB but disk space already is 75%. So I had to manually stop the filter...

How can I further debug this?
mastertheknife

Post by mastertheknife »

Hi,

Filters are broken on v1.26.5.
Kfir Itzhak.