Logitech 700 series

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
sciguy125

Logitech 700 series

Post by sciguy125 »

I have a Logitech 700e. While the Logitech software is acceptable for my purposes, I'd really like to get it working with ZoneMinder because I'm a Linux nut.

The camera puts out an RTSP stream at rtsp://<ip address>/LowResolutionVideo. So, I set up a monitor with:

protocol: RTSP
method: RTP/RTSP
host name: <ip address>
host port: 554
host path: /LowResolutionVideo
image colors: 24 bit color
width: 640
height: 480

When I try to view the feed, all I get is a black box. Note that I've already increased the shared memory. I can successfully view the stream using VLC as well as other players. If someone can point me to some logs to look at, I'd be happy to sift through them. I should mention that I'm new to ZoneMinder, so it's possible that I just have a setup issue. I don't believe this to be the case, however, I plan to get a standard USB camera in the next day or so to rule that out.

Additional camera information:
What I have is in the same family as 750e, 700i, and 750i. The "i" versions are indoor and the "e" versions are outdoor. The 750 models are the "master" for an IP over powerline network. The 700 models are (I believe) the same cameras, but without some of the extra network hardware. These cameras are standard PoE compatible. I'm just using a run of the mill PoE switch.

I've also found these older threads about the cameras:
http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... 14&t=17831
http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... 21&t=17805
Deepsub

Re: Logitech 700 series

Post by Deepsub »

I have exactly same problem. Logitech 750e camera connected and working properly, I can see the stream with VLC on my windows PC and on my Ubuntu server 10.04 I can store the stream with ffmpeg (ffmpeg -i rtsp://admin:notforyoureyes@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:554/HighResolutionVideo -an -f avi -b 500 -s 760x720 -b 600k -r 15 -vcodec mpeg4 -vtag DIVX /home/nn/out.avi). I have tried to configure ZoneMinder with both High and low resolution without any luck. All I get is a black square.
tap

Post by tap »

I'm up and running under ZM 1.25 with Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS (installed from the distro package). Make sure you select 'Ffmpeg' as the source, NOT remote and then specify the same URL you use for testing with CLI ffmpeg. In my case that's:

rtsp://ip_addr/HighResolutionVideo

Yielding a 960x720 image on a Logitech 700e.
sgn

Post by sgn »

I am also able to report that the Alert-series from Logitech work fine with ZM. You will have to use ffmpeg as source (ZM RTSP fails with h.264 streams). Do *not* limit capture speed, setting this lower than 15fps will make the feed unstable (you can limit the alarm fps).
wx8ball

Post by wx8ball »

I just wanted to add that I was also able to install zoneminder on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS server with the logitech 700 series.
I was thinking of upgrading my server to 14.04, but I'll wait until zoneminder supports it in 1.28...?

The following web site was helpful...although I didn't follow all the steps.
http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.ph ... e_easy_way

I'm still testing the motion detection. So far I find this to be a great alternative to the logitech pay web version especially since I have my own home server. :D