purge data

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
tadpol

purge data

Post by tadpol »

Hi,

Is there a way to purge all the data ZoneMinder has collected on my PC up to a certain point?

I would like to delete all the pictures and videos that ZoneMinder has created up to this point.
Right now I have 50799 Events. I'd like to bring that back down to zero.

I read the FAQ about, "How can I stop ZoneMinder filling up my disk?" but wonder if there is something simpler? A simple way to delete the data?

Thank you for your time and support.
Christo

Re: purge data

Post by Christo »

Hi tadpol,

There are several methodes to remove the data.

You could use PHPMYADMIN and just truncate the data (events).. your settings will be saved and event-count starts again with one (1).

Or, you could use the PurgeWhenFull filter methode to delete events on Disk perventage.

Or, you could use the FTP feature to transfer events to a FTP-server.

I hope this will get you going?!

Kind regards and Success, Christo
tadpol

Post by tadpol »

Hi Christo,

Thank you. I didn't know about phpmyadmin.

I also found, /var/cache/zoneminder/events, where I deleted about 168 GB of data.

Thanks again!
Christo

Post by Christo »

tadpol wrote:Hi,

Is there a way to purge all the data ZoneMinder has collected on my PC up to a certain point?

I would like to delete all the pictures and videos that ZoneMinder has created up to this point.
Right now I have 50799 Events. I'd like to bring that back down to zero.

I read the FAQ about, "How can I stop ZoneMinder filling up my disk?" but wonder if there is something simpler? A simple way to delete the data?

Thank you for your time and support.

Hello tadpol,

I am pleased to help you!!

You should use one of my suggestions, just deleting the files in the event directory might cause failure in your SQL database.

So, use the filter options or direct delete (truncate) the event table!

Success and regards, Christo
tadpol

Post by tadpol »

Thanks Christo!

Are there any other instructions on how to "use the filter options or direct delete (truncate) the event table"?

I can't figure out what I've read on the FAQ.

And when I used phpmyadmin it seemed I had to delete the pictures in the database one by one. I can't figure out how to delete everything in one shot.

Thank you for your assistance.
Christo

Post by Christo »

tadpol wrote:Thanks Christo!

Are there any other instructions on how to "use the filter options or direct delete (truncate) the event table"?

I can't figure out what I've read on the FAQ.

And when I used phpmyadmin it seemed I had to delete the pictures in the database one by one. I can't figure out how to delete everything in one shot.

Thank you for your assistance.
Hello Tadpol,

I don't think youll need any instructions to use the filter option, just read and try to understand the setting!!

There are lots of settings that can be used...I do not recommend PHPMYADMIN to get rid of data.

The filter-deamon will take care of your commands in the background and in case of deleting records youll have to trust on this filter-deamon.
This filter-deamon will do the job and will take care that your system remains running.

Look at this post for more information:
http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... 29&t=19401

First try running these filter options (and learn to understand) by selecting a specific part of your data.

If this is understood and running, you can add the settings as you like.
So, think twice and Do ones!! Use "Submit" if you are not competely sure if your settings are correct!!

But, if youll have a specific setting in mind that youll like to get implemented.. You can always drop me a line for help!!

Kind regards, Christo