Time to next event = 1 seconds

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
mrd

Time to next event = 1 seconds

Post by mrd »

I've been using many versions of ZM over the years and it seems that this problem persists for me.

When I try to play the video of an event I see a few frames and then a text message on a black frame that says, "Time to next event = 1 seconds".
The playback then stops. I've found the line in zm_event.cpp that produces this message and it appears in a block of code that seems to be called when there is a time sync/delta issue, but I don't know enough to determine if this is a ZM bug or a problem with all of my recent installations of ZM on many different platforms and OS versions. I'm shocked that no one else seems to have this issue since I can't seem to find it in a any forum searches, so I assume that it is something with my configs.

Can anyone help or provide some advice on this?

Thanks,
Michael
MRD
bb99

Re: Time to next event = 1 seconds

Post by bb99 »

mrd

Post by mrd »

Thank you very much for the link! It seems that you are suggestion that I repair the DB and I recall doing that from the cmd line at some point so I will give it a shot. It also seems from searching on Innodb, that the newer versions of ZM might not have this issue, but I wasn't clear on your post in the other thread about it.

I won't even get on my rant about how bad the search function is in the forum, but I can never find decent results. Maybe it is just me?

Thanks again!
MRD
bb99

Post by bb99 »

It's not just you; I probably searched half a dozen times to come up with terms that got me what I was looking for. Pretty hard not to answer the same question numerous times knowing that the person probably tried and didn't get anywhere.
mrd

Post by mrd »

Well... I feel better then!

Running the commandline below after stopping ZM fixed it for me.
mysqlcheck --all-databases --auto-repair -uzmuser -p
Entered the ZM password at the prompt and it repaired the DB ...

I also had to change my "Pre event image count" to be set lower than "Image buffer size" for all of my monitors buffers, as this caused apache to lock up when attempting to play recorded streams.
I had them both set to 40 and lowered my Pre event image count to 35.

Thanks again!
MRD