Cannot seem to play back events.

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
roasted

Cannot seem to play back events.

Post by roasted »

Hi there. If I click on an event to play it back, I just get a gray screen... no error or anything, just simply a gray seen... nothing else seems to be out of whack. Anybody have any ideas? The directory ZM is saying to is owned by 777 rights for testing.

Thanks for any ideas!

EDIT - some screenshots:

http://imgur.com/i0Nuq
I click on the last event name to see what the feed was.

http://imgur.com/FXhBR
The result, even after sitting for 10-15 minutes.
roasted

Re: Cannot seem to play back events.

Post by roasted »

I read on the forum somewhere that ZoneMinder doesn't do well when saving to other partitions. I set it back to /usr/share/zoneminder/events (Ubuntu 12.04), but nothing changed. Everything else seems normal, but I have no playback. Just a gray box. Any idea?? I'd really like to get this working. :(
roasted

Post by roasted »

I decided to start from a clean slate I did a remove --purge zoneminder* then reinstalled it. Once done, I re-attached the one outdoor camera I have on the deck. By doing this, I set everything back to defaults, including the storage path for the events I was tweaking earlier on. I wanted to have ZM save to another disk due to the way my disks are arranged.

160GB = OS
2x500GB = Software RAID mirror, mounted to /media/NAS. Within NAS I have /zm/events, which it would save to, but wouldn't play back from this location.

So now the ZM feeds are being saved on the 160GB HDD in whatever the default location is on Ubuntu 12.04, which I believe is /usr/share/zoneminder/events. I'll revisit this issue shortly... for right now I'm trying to figure out why Chrome won't play any video back. I tried Chrome/Firefox with both a Mac system and an Ubuntu system... both the same thing... Chrome didn't work, but Firefox worked.

ZM Log provided this:

2012-05-23 15:25:52.907184 web_php 3210 ERR socket_sendto( /tmp/zm/zms-162548s.sock ) failed: No such file or directory /usr/share/zoneminder/includes/functions.php 2322

I hope I can get this issue resolved, then figure out how to route the data back over to /media/NAS/etc/etc/etc without issue. Any insight, folks?
AndreasK

Post by AndreasK »

For me the problem got fixed by copying the nph-zmc and zmc from the cgi-bin (i entered at installation --with-cgidir=/var/www/cgi-bin/) to /usr/lib/cgi-bin/

There was also an error in the apache log. Dont know why he didnt look for the cgi-bin dir i gave him.

Perhaps it helps someone

:)