Vivotek IP8332... black screen?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
roasted

Vivotek IP8332... black screen?

Post by roasted »

I have an IP8332 I'm trying to get rolling with ZoneMinder, but I'm not having any luck. If I use the /live.sdp (or whatever that option is) for the feed, it finally comes off of a red source and the source turns yellow, which is a step in the right direction. Problem is, the feed is completely black... I just have nothing.

What's the typical cause of this issue?
TylerSchwend

Re: Vivotek IP8332... black screen?

Post by TylerSchwend »

Whatever URL you are using, can you load it in VLC to view the feed?
roasted

Post by roasted »

I can, however it's a rather poor feed. It's so poor I'm not sure I'd even recognize anybody if they were caught on camera.

I was using:

rtsp://192.168.1.155:554/live.sdp
Flasheart

Post by Flasheart »

I typed out a long reply to you on irc last night, not realising you'd just left...

Try the following. It's for another vivotek but may help; http://digdilem.org/cameras/index.php?a ... nfig&id=33
roasted

Post by roasted »

If I follow those exact directions, my camera turns up with a red source. The only way I can get it to turn yellow is using RTSP... but then I get a black screen for the active feed.

Any chance you can elaborate on that long IRC message? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

EDIT - Removed all cameras from ZM, reset the Vivotek back to default settings, added it again, tried every source known to man, no dice. I'm just not having any luck here. I'm so close to pulling the trigger on an NVR system that supports Vivotek. I'd give anything to stick with ZoneMinder. Any further ideas? :(
roasted

Post by roasted »

Well, we got it working thanks to some help in the ZoneMinder IRC channel. Turns out you can bump the shmall and shmmax memory far more than I thought. I ended up kicking it to 3 gigs (3221225472 bytes) and suddenly everything worked. I had expected to, MAYBE, double the original amount, but at 1280x800 resolution it seems like that's far too little. At any rate, we're good now. Just need to finish running the rest of the cat5e so this POE gizmo has some data/power!

Thank you so much everyone, both here and IRC, that helped me get this working. :mrgreen: