ZoneMinder with 100 ip cams

Support and queries relating to third party Live CDs and DVD, VM images and other packaged distributions
vaal

ZoneMinder with 100 ip cams

Post by vaal »

Hi, i work with video security installing ip cams and im about to start a project. Basically is a remote server which record about 100-150 ip cams (some of them 24/7 and some other with movement recognition) located arround the city from internet. I looking to a software able to support that, and im wondering if someone has already used the ZM with that amount of cameras. I count with a quad xeon 3.0, 4 gb ram, and lot of tb in raid01 so hw is not a problem. My idea was to install ZM in debian or ubuntu (since im not very used to linux yet). Ill appreciate a lot if someone can give me a hand with it, thank you in advantage and sorry for my rough inglish.

p.s: Couldnt find a "support" section on forum or something similar, so pls move it to the correct section pls and sry for the inconvenient
vaal

Re: ZoneMinder with 100 ip cams

Post by vaal »

Still waiting for some answer please :)
Flasheart

Post by Flasheart »

This comes up several times a month - check the forums, I answered one a week ago asking for something very similar.
Flasheart

Post by Flasheart »

vaal

Post by vaal »

Thank you a lot, i searched along the forum and found stuff about 30 cams max, thats why i was asking. With the info at the wiki is enough now. Ill try to build the system :)
gerfry

Post by gerfry »

vaal wrote:Thank you a lot, i searched along the forum and found stuff about 30 cams max, thats why i was asking. With the info at the wiki is enough now. Ill try to build the system :)
Any luck yet? A 'review' or case study would be nice with that amount of cams > what were the problems faced, solved or switched? what's the hardware? > 4GB RAM is surely not enough isn't it?
Looking forward to read any news.

br gerfry