Ubuntu 11.10 Desktop Shared Memory Settings Issue

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
eren

Ubuntu 11.10 Desktop Shared Memory Settings Issue

Post by eren »

I'm having issues with my setup where I can't use both of my Foscam IP cameras at 640x480 resolution. I have read many threads about shared memory settings, and even if I use higher values than I need, I still have the same issue. My zmdc.log shows this when I try to increase the resolution on my second cam to 640x480:

4/08/12 22:07:32.196421 zmdc[1994].ERR ['zmc -m 2' exited abnormally, exit status 255]

My current shared memory limits:

------ Shared Memory Limits --------
max number of segments = 4096
max seg size (kbytes) = 3010356
max total shared memory (kbytes) = 1073741824
min seg size (bytes) = 1

One thing that I noticed which doesn't make sense is that when I run the "ipcs" command, I see nothing under the "shared memory segments". All of the examples I have seen show the configured monitors in zoneminder. In my case, it is empty even though one of my monitors is active in zoneminder with no errors. Does that mean anything?

Thanks.
eren

Re: Ubuntu 11.10 Desktop Shared Memory Settings Issue

Post by eren »

Just to update the thread, my problem was in the settings, not the memory. I have a FI8910W camera and I followed the directions for the FI8918W assuming that it would be the same. Everything worked fine in the beginning, but then the cameras would turn red in zm console and never started.

I fixed the issue by adding "user:pwd@" in the remote host name before the camera address.