Zone images missing

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
CrAz1cRaCk3r

Zone images missing

Post by CrAz1cRaCk3r »

Hi All!

Great Product! When I go to view/set the zones, I get a Red X in IE and a blank image in Mozilla. The logs show that "Zones3.jpg" is missing.

Downloaded and installed the most recent edition yesterday on my Ubuntu 12. All updates have been applied...reinstalled Zoneminder. Problem still exists.

Intel Classic MB w/icore3 processor. Have 7 ip cameras configured. All default "all" zones show no image and give an error when you go to the zones viewer page.

Any Ideas on where the issue might be or related to?

Thanks!

Cc
CrAz1cRaCk3r

Re: Zone images missing

Post by CrAz1cRaCk3r »

Update. The Zones1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8.jpg files are not populating into the usr/share/src/zm/images folder. The error.log says it is an access error, but the file(s) are simply not there genertaing the access denied errror.

Thanks,

Cc
moorsey

Post by moorsey »

Zoneminder may not have access to the folder, I had the same red x issue and this was my problem.

Try:

sudo chmod 777 -R -v /usr/share/src/zm/images

Disclaimer, 777 is full access and may not be the most secure way of doing things

-R is recursive, it will apply the permissions to everything below the path you specify, so be careful

-v gives output from the command and will show what it has changed
koolb

Post by koolb »

I had to change my password from MD5/hash to plain...but I have been messing around with the zm_user.cpp code...not sure if it will help but worth a try...