Raspberry Pi

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
metheone

Raspberry Pi

Post by metheone »

Hi

With the new Raspberry pi now available. Is this likely to be able to run Zoneminder?

Thanks

Cant add a link yet, so just google Raspberry Pi :D
nightcrawler

Re: Raspberry Pi

Post by nightcrawler »

well it should do.. but you need CPU power for processing the monitor motion tracking and encoding events... and an the raspberry isn't capable for that.
You also don't have an PCI-slot so you only can use USB or IP-camera's.

So I think it's an no-go!
Zoneminder @Ubuntu 11 server, ZM 1.25.0 , FFMPEG, 4 Analoge cameras, 1.6ghz P4mobile, 2GB ram, 60GB-HDD.
I also have an (homeseer) domotica system up-and-running with touchscreens,light controllers,weather forecast etc.
LWFVoo

Post by LWFVoo »

That's exactly why I just popped in. Saw that there's already a thread on the topic. Looks cool...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGUIePe32Bo

It burns 1Watt! :mrgreen:
codabiz

Post by codabiz »

I'm looking forward to using a Raspberry Pi to stream a Logitech Webcam 9000 to my zoneminder server box via ethernet cable.

From what I've read, there is a chance that a future Raspberry Pi model might have POE - brilliant.
kbaegis0

Post by kbaegis0 »

Still, that's just outputting a pre-formatted video file. It'll be able to run clients (i.e. chrome/firefox/?) and output them to the display just fine but I doubt it could do real-time transcoding or even analysis of frames. Maybe if you slimmed down the build on it and removed the X11 display, went with DirectFB or something. Streaming directly from your endpoint to a display looks more like a realistic use for RasPi.

That is awesome that they're making plans for PoE.