GPIO control and triggers

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
johndpar

GPIO control and triggers

Post by johndpar »

Some capture cards have GPIO pins from the Bt8xx chips connected to pin headers.

It would be great if ZM could include a tool to configure these and use them as trigger inputs or signal outputs for controlling external systems.

The v4l kernel modules have exposed functions for this but I've not yet delved far enough into this area to know know easy it would be to implement.

Also, knowledge of each specific card would be necessary as they all seem to use different GPIO pins and some are used for controlling on card resources.

Any ideas?

Regards

John
John Parker
cordel

Post by cordel »

You have to put the request into the kernel developers, as the kernel is not able to handle the GPIO on capture cards yet or at least it didn't the last time I checked.
toliva

GPIO on 878A Cards

Post by toliva »

This would be an excellent feature as I've several 4ch 878A cads with three relays and three inputs - it'd be grat to waggle those pins - if anybosy has trod this route I'd be grateful for some directions.....

Tom
marcodefreitas

Re: GPIO control and triggers

Post by marcodefreitas »

Did you tried GPIO pins with the new 3.x.x kernel, cordel?
kingofkya

Re: GPIO control and triggers

Post by kingofkya »

This is kinda why it dosen't exist it would require a kernel driver as well it being very non standard between cards. A better bet would be to use zmtrigger and a serial device.