Repeat monitors in montage veiw

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
dkellygb

Repeat monitors in montage veiw

Post by dkellygb »

I’m pretty new to Zoneminder so bear with me if I am asking a silly question.

When I display my monitors in a Montage view, the cameras which are displayed are completely random. Sometimes in displays the same camera 5 times and some times it repeats the display of two or three cameras.

How do I get it to display the 5 cameras I use all at the same time?

I am using Zoneminder 1.24.2 on Ubuntu 10.04 with a BT878a based card.

Thanks!
dkellygb

Re: Repeat monitors in montage veiw

Post by dkellygb »

I forgot to mention, I am using Chrome. I have also tried IE 9 and the result is worse. It won't show a grid just five images of from the same camera in one column regardless of the layout I choose.

Any ideas?
dkellygb

Post by dkellygb »

As I haven't received any suggestions here in the forums, can anybody recommend a way forward? Where do I turn now. I really don't want to set up a Windows box for this but if I can't get this working, I'm going to have to buy a commercial product and put more money in Bill Gates's pocket for the OS.

Thanks!
pathetic_programmer

Post by pathetic_programmer »

As with most any other open source product, the forums are maintained by volunteers and answers can be quite slow.

I only have three cameras and I just finished my ZM box myself. So I don't think I'll be of much help to you, but we can try some basics.

1) How many cameras do you have total?
2) Have you created groups to view?
3) I found this below while Googling your problem, have you taken a look at it?
http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.ph ... le_cameras
dkellygb

Post by dkellygb »

Thanks for your reply,

I have determined that this does not happen in Firefox only Chrome and IE.

I have six cameras.

I have created groups. The same thing happens within the groups - multiple of the same streams.

Thanks for the suggestion in the wiki. I did look that over.

I think I have determined that Zoneminder is really optimised for Firefox. I can live with that.
pathetic_programmer

Indeed it is your browser. I'm quite new here and it never occurred to me that Chrome didn't use streaming like Firefox does. I used this quote in another post.
http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.php/Documentation wrote:Finally, there is quite a bit of image streaming in the package. So if you don't have FireFox or another browser that supports image streaming natively I recommend you get the excellent Cambozola java applet from www .dot. charliemouse .dot. com:8080/code/cambozola/ which will let you view the image stream in Internet Explorer and others. Otherwise you're limited to just refreshing still images or mpeg based streams, if you have compatible plugins. As upgraded version have occasionally caused problems, a known working version of Cambozola is also in the Downloads section of the ZoneMinder website.
http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.php/Documentation

The spam filter prevented me from putting the charliemouse website in there properly.
dkellygb

Post by dkellygb »

I did have Cambozola from the Zoneminder download page installed. The randomly repeating monitors was with cambozola installed.
pathetic_programmer

The only other thing I can think of the is that your using the latest Cambozola and the wiki says that it is known to cause issues. Try downgrading it.
dkellygb

Post by dkellygb »

I am using the version of Cambozola from http://www.zoneminder.com/downloads. It is 0.22.
windracer

Post by windracer »

Sorry to bump an old thread but I wanted to report that I was having this same issue in Chrome using the 0.22 cambozola.jar. I just upgraded to the latest cambozola version (0.93) and it fixed the issue, my montage view now shows all the correct individual cameras instead of repeating them randomly.