Full Screen four cameras on ZM Box

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
matth2004

Full Screen four cameras on ZM Box

Post by matth2004 »

Hi All,

Have a monitor linked up the ZM box, currently running CentOS 5.7 and looking for a way to effectively full screen all four of my cameras that I have hooked up through video0 (chan 0-3) on the box.

I tried installing GNOME, then using Firefox to login to the console and fullscreen but this is extremely slow and laggy (6 seconds between frame refreshes). This lag doesn't occur on other PC's connecting to the console so I believe it's just too much for one box to handle.

If there is a way that I could do it with xawtv, that would be great. I don't want to use another box to run the monitor as I just find this is a waste of space and power for another machine to be running doing something that one machine running the cameras could do itself (I hope).

Thanks in advance!
Matt
matth2004

Re: Full Screen four cameras on ZM Box

Post by matth2004 »

Bump.
nightcrawler

Re: Full Screen four cameras on ZM Box

Post by nightcrawler »

The only thing that I can say is that I confirm the slow playing of a monitor screen with 4 cams on it. The reason for that is probably the JAVA applet (cambojar) that "eats" a lot of resources of the pc/server. In my case it sets a P4 celeron 1.6ghz to 70% load!

So my sollution is looking for a quad multiplexer with 4 inputs, 4 direct outputs and a quad screen output that I will connect to an LCD screen with a RCA-2-VGA adapter.
Zoneminder @Ubuntu 11 server, ZM 1.25.0 , FFMPEG, 4 Analoge cameras, 1.6ghz P4mobile, 2GB ram, 60GB-HDD.
I also have an (homeseer) domotica system up-and-running with touchscreens,light controllers,weather forecast etc.