User Authentication Logging

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
crickel

User Authentication Logging

Post by crickel »

How do I log user authentication to the Zoneminder web console?

I have been attempting to get logs related to which user logs into the web console output somewhere. So far the only location I've been able to find related data is in the apache logs, which can tell me what computer system accessed the web interface, but not which user specifically.

In the source code, it looks like it's supposed to log informational messages whenver someone logs in, but I was only able to see these when people logged in with non-web clients, such as ZMViewer. Is there a way to log user authentications or a location it gets logged to that I haven't found yet?
gmar_87

Re: User Authentication Logging

Post by gmar_87 »

crickel wrote:How do I log user authentication to the Zoneminder web console?

I have been attempting to get logs related to which user logs into the web console output somewhere. So far the only location I've been able to find related data is in the apache logs, which can tell me what computer system accessed the web interface, but not which user specifically.

In the source code, it looks like it's supposed to log informational messages whenver someone logs in, but I was only able to see these when people logged in with non-web clients, such as ZMViewer. Is there a way to log user authentications or a location it gets logged to that I haven't found yet?
I got it working here - http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... t=fail2ban