FreeBSD port for 1.23.3

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
achix

Re: FreeBSD port for 1.23.3

Post by achix »

congrats!!!!
gettimeofday might be the problem here.

check kern.timecounter.choice , kern.timecounter.hardware, etc...
PS
how did you do the trace? with truss? otherwise?
mastertheknife

Post by mastertheknife »

gettimeofday() along with sigprocmask() are called inside zmc.cpp (in the loop). Are you trying to capture at full FPS? Try limiting your FPS.

mastertheknife
Kfir Itzhak.
darkfires

Post by darkfires »

Hi,

I've had to re-install Linux on the machine, in the end there was just too many bugs in FreeBSD for my hardware. Final straw was network driver for the onboard started causing kernel panics everyday and randomly stop/start working, and no extra pci slots to drop another in -- Have wasted too much time trying to make BSD play nice especially when Linux worked just fine :(

I was going to finish polishing up my patch for 1.24 but since I don't have a BSD box anymore.... If anyone is interested in the code or feels like diffing a patch out of it, I'll email it to you.

Thanks
achix

Post by achix »

Hello again,

too bad you went Linux.

Anyway, since traditional analog cameras are dying and become a retro thing of the pas, and since nowadays one can find cheap WIFI/net security cameras, i think FreeBSD will be back :)