POS Integration

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
yahmez

POS Integration

Post by yahmez »

I run security cameras for a number of bars and I have found nothing for POS integration that is cost effective. The hardware solutions have issues and are very expensive.

What I would love to see is...
The ability to link two cameras so you can replay both at the same time, on the same screen and have them more or less synchronized.

Why you ask???

This way I can put software on the POS stations which broadcasts their screen and use them as a network camera source. That way you can see what is being rung up in one screen and what is being served in the other. There is windows software available which can stream all or part of a screen, in this case it would be the side where the items and total are listed.

This would allow zoneminder to have a "pos overlay" for any POS.
strykr

Re: POS Integration

Post by strykr »

Most POS use journal files, it would be easier to reference this journal file then trying to capture what is on the screen as a video source.

This would also have added benefits of being searchable.
marcodefreitas

Post by marcodefreitas »

You can try TigerVNC on the POS and vncsnapshot to generate the snapshots. Then you can point Zoneminder to the image files.

http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... 21&t=17931
kingofkya

Post by kingofkya »

Ok here a easy one go to ebay.com search "vga to av" $10 - $20 to convert a vga input into a camera.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PC-Laptop-VGA-T ... 193wt_1274

You also need a capture card if you don't already have one. $20 for a bt878 also ebay. 4 port. 1-2FPS should be plenty for SCreen cap.

Then simply use a filter to select the time that you need to see on the POS.