WAR [ Waiting for Capture Daemon ]

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
Kevin_C_K

WAR [ Waiting for Capture Daemon ]

Post by Kevin_C_K »

All the cameras' sources are black and " WAR [Waiting for Capture Daemon] is the error in the logs. Any ideas on a solution? Running Zoneminder 1.24.1
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

was it working previously?
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
Kevin_C_K

Post by Kevin_C_K »

Yes it was working previously.
morpheous

Re: WAR [ Waiting for Capture Daemon ]

Post by morpheous »

I'm having the same problem...I enabled logging and debugging for zoneminder b/c my labtech webcam pro is not working with zoneminder. I keep getting "WAR [Waiting for Capture Daemon]" in log files repeated. I installed zoneminder in Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and my webcam works fine using cheese but for some reason zoneminder doesn't want to play...does anyone know how to troubleshoot this further? Btw, I installed the latest version of zoneminder 1.24.2.

Thanks!
Kevin_C_K

Re: WAR [ Waiting for Capture Daemon ]

Post by Kevin_C_K »

A suggestion, since I was unable to resolve this issue:

I have found out that Ubuntu 8.04 with Zoneminder 1.23.3 is the most stable. You may need to use a torrent to get the old Ubuntu. The BEST (IMHO) Zoneminder package is that by Peter Howard. It is available at ftp://ftp.northern-ridge.com.au/zonemin ... ntu/gutsy/ It just keeps on running and it has some nice features that weren't in previous versions.

I was able to speak with Peter Howard via email, and if I remember correctly, this is the same system he uses.