So what happens when a post is flagged for being spam?

This is the place for any problems or issues with the website in general or the new forums in particular.
aperry

So what happens when a post is flagged for being spam?

Post by aperry »

Over a week ago I tried to start a new thread summarizing my experience installing ZM on a Seagate Dockstar. Immediately I received a PM titled "warning", explaining that my post was blocked because it appeared like spam. I responded asking why and never heard back. It's still not posted.

I honestly thought it was a helpful post and I was disappointed to spend time on it only to have it blocked without any real explanation.

Aaron
punch-card

Post by punch-card »

I ran in to that the second posting I did, I tried to correct it a couple of time and then finally it disabled my account(banded from site), I had to send an email to the admin to get the account re-enabled, then he removed the spam marking and the posting were posted. But the admin took a while to unlock. He stated that some key word it picked up on that marked it as spam.

Good Luck, and send something to the admin and he should correct it but it may take time. As for the posting... I would probably be old news by then. :o
Best Regards
Mike
aperry

Post by aperry »

Thanks. That's unfortunate. I'll send a note to the admin (which I thought would happen when I replied to the PM). In the meantime I won't waste my time on posts. Something seems broken.
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

I have been out of the loop lately so not been able to keep an eye on things. For now I have disabled the spam filter until I can figure out what is triggering it. Unfortunately the mod doesn't even tell admins why it was blocked. If we see a rash of new spam posts I will have to reconsider but hopefully for now it will stop people getting blocked.
Phil
aperry

Post by aperry »

Thanks, that's much appreciated!
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Owing to further spam I have now re-enabled the spam filter but you will get an error message directly which I hope will contain the word. I have also edited the list down to remove some words that might well occur in content on these forums. Hopefully that will help to some extent.
Phil
nikolamo

Post by nikolamo »

I think it is removed, isnt it?
CX23882-19

Re: So what happens when a post is flagged for being spam?

Post by CX23882-19 »

Is there no way to manually report spam messages?

This guy needs sorting out:
http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/member ... le&u=17278

Edit: Just spotted the "report" button. :oops: