Make error Fedora 11 zm_utils.cpp:32

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
mcleandl

Make error Fedora 11 zm_utils.cpp:32

Post by mcleandl »

Hi All,
Learning more about compiling code then I ever wanted to. Trying to get Zoneminder 1.24.2 up on Fedora 11 and believe I'm running into a compiler issue.

Was able to get ffmpeg compiled OK.

FFmpeg version git-e708784, Copyright (c) 2000-2009 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
configuration: --enable-postproc --enable-gpl --enable-pthreads
libavutil 50. 3. 0 / 50. 3. 0
libavcodec 52.32. 0 / 52.32. 0
libavformat 52.37. 0 / 52.37. 0
libavdevice 52. 2. 0 / 52. 2. 0
libswscale 0. 7. 1 / 0. 7. 1
libpostproc 51. 2. 0 / 51. 2. 0
built on Aug 12 2009 21:10:00, gcc: 4.4.0 20090506 (Red Hat 4.4.0-4)

./configure --enable-postproc --enable-gpl --enable-pthreads

But when i do the make on zm I get the following error.

if g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/include -I/usr/local/include -Wall -Wno-sign-compare -fno-inline -I/usr/local/include -frepo -g -O2 -MT zm_utils.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/zm_utils.Tpo" -c -o zm_utils.o zm_utils.cpp; \
then mv -f ".deps/zm_utils.Tpo" ".deps/zm_utils.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/zm_utils.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
zm_utils.cpp: In function ‘const std::string stringtf(const char*, ...)’:
zm_utils.cpp:32: error: ‘vsnprintf’ was not declared in this scope
zm_utils.cpp: In fugcc version 4.4.0 20090506 (Red Hat 4.4.0-4) (GCC)nction ‘const std::string stringtf(const std::string&, ...)’:
zm_utils.cpp:47: error: ‘vsnprintf’ was not declared in this scope
make[2]: *** [zm_utils.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/ZoneMinder-1.24.2/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/ZoneMinder-1.24.2'

gcc version Configured with: ../configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --with-bugurl=http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla --enable-bootstrap --enable-shared --enable-threads=posix --enable-checking=release --with-system-zlib --enable-__cxa_atexit --disable-libunwind-exceptions --enable-languages=c,c++,objc,obj-c++,java,fortran,ada --enable-java-awt=gtk --disable-dssi --enable-plugin --with-java-home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-gcj-1.5.0.0/jre --enable-libgcj-multifile --enable-java-maintainer-mode --with-ecj-jar=/usr/share/java/eclipse-ecj.jar --disable-libjava-multilib --with-ppl --with-cloog --with-tune=generic --with-arch_32=i586 --build=x86_64-redhat-linux
Thread model: posix
4.4.0 20090506 (Red Hat 4.4.0-4) (GCC)

zm configured with:

./configure --with-webdir=/var/www/html/zm --with-cgidir=/var/www/cgi-bin --with-webuser=apache --with-webgroup=apache ZM_DB_HOST=localhost ZM_DB_NAME=zm ZM_DB_USER=zmuser ZM_DB_PASS=zmpass --with-extralibs="-L/usr/lib64 -L/usr/lib64/mysql" ZM_SSL_LIB=openssl --with-ffmpeg=/usr/local

I did find one thread that mentioned a possible problem with the latest gcc compiler.

Does anyone have any idea how to move forward or should I just move back to FC 10.

Thanks in advance
mcleandl

Post by mcleandl »

Google is a wonderful thing.

It appears that the new version of gcc, version 4.r.0-4 which installs with Fedora 11 requires the following code at the beginning of all ./src/*.cpp such as zm_utils.cpp

#include <cstdio>

Zoneminder-1.24.2 now compiles without complaining about zm_utils.cpp:32

Off to a new challenge:

zmc -d /dev/video0' exited abnormally, exit status 6

I hope Phil or one of the developers can verify this. I'm not a coder (not even a little)
anupmankar

Post by anupmankar »

Thanks a million ... I'd never have figured out the solution ... at least not this quickly :D
nickfox

Re: Make error Fedora 11 zm_utils.cpp:32

Post by nickfox »

Im getting the same error on debian 6 squeeze

so do i have to edit all ~160 files in the src dir? :shock: