New Skin for 1.24

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
stagecoach

Post by stagecoach »

kylejohnson thank you for new skin. I like the simplicity of the gui.

Have you considered highlighting of individual monitors in case of an alert? On a multi-monitor screen this would help to draw the user's attention to the monitors with activity.

Also how about keeping the color of the selected button different (not only on mouse-over) from the rest of the buttons so that the user knows on which tab s/he is.

With kind regards
Beat
timmans

Post by timmans »

Kylejohnson,

Great work on this new skin, much more user friendly and intuitive than the classic skin. Any progress getting it to work with username/password logins?

Regards
Tim
rodvan

help

Post by rodvan »

Hey, great skin, once I tried in my pc with Ubuntu, now im trying to run it on a dedicated server and when i call for the new skin:
http://myserver.com/?skin=new then its displaying this message:
Invalid skin 'new'

Whats wrong?
Why is this happening.
I appreciate any help.
rodvaN
mastertheknife

Post by mastertheknife »

Hi,

Impressive work! looking forward to see it completed!

mastertheknife.
whatboy

Re: New Skin for 1.24

Post by whatboy »

Looks like it won't show the events if you have the "Deep filesystem" structure in your events... :(

And authentication doesn't work either...

Besides that... everything is soooooo fsking great!!!
timgman

Post by timgman »

Any new progress/
:)

(:)|
jmullan99

Post by jmullan99 »

Over a year since the author has been on this thread. Is it dead?

Is anyone using this wonderful looking new skin?

Cheers,
John
kylejohnson

Post by kylejohnson »

jmullan99 wrote:Over a year since the author has been on this thread. Is it dead?

Is anyone using this wonderful looking new skin?

Cheers,
John
Not dead, but on a major hiatus due to lack of time. :(
Idling as gnulnx in #zoneminder on freenode. Come say hi!
petarggh

Post by petarggh »

Hi,

We've actually done some work (unrelated to kylejohnson), and I'll try to post our modifications to this great skin soon!
kylejohnson

Post by kylejohnson »

petarggh wrote:Hi,

We've actually done some work (unrelated to kylejohnson), and I'll try to post our modifications to this great skin soon!
Looking forward to seeing these! I will probably continue my work off of your fork.
I made a couple of commits to make the skin work with 1.25.0, but I probably broke a lot of other things (especially in 1.24.x).
stagecoach

Post by stagecoach »

Hi,

Linked is the skin for 1.25 mentioned in petarggh's post. There have been considerable changes, and we'd love to get some feedback on how this is working for you guys. We've given this skin the name 'modern'.

We've also got 2 other brand new skins I'll post in a new thread.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/44862508/modern.tar
kylejohnson

Post by kylejohnson »

stagecoach wrote:Hi,

Linked is the skin for 1.25 mentioned in petarggh's post. There have been considerable changes, and we'd love to get some feedback on how this is working for you guys. We've given this skin the name 'modern'.

We've also got 2 other brand new skins I'll post in a new thread.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/44862508/modern.tar
Hey there,

Installed the skin on a zm 1.25.0 build with mastertheknife's patch, and it is working quite well. Looks like you have fixed a lot of the bugs that I had left lingering. You rock!

EDIT: Spoke too soon, there's a couple bugs about. I'll try to submit some patches this weekend.
matz

Post by matz »

Hi,

I am using ZM 1.24.2 on ubuntu server 64 bits 10.04 LTS. I installed the skin from the git of kylejohnson, used the url zm/index.php?skin=new : i have an empty page. The page 's title is "ZM -Console" but the page is totally blank.

Can someone help me ?

Regards

Matz
astund

Post by astund »

Hey Matz,

Navigate to github.c,o,m/kylejohnson/zm_newskin/tree/35604ed2909c0d6a7dc3526983c8088479e578fb and download that tree (ZIP link). It is the code prior to kylejohnsons' 1.25 code changes. I am using this version on Ubuntu 10.10 Zoneminder 1.24, and it's working good. If you try using the newest branch on a 1.24 you will see a blank page.

As a side note, awesome to assume all new users are spamming...
noxx

Post by noxx »

Hello ,

I downloaded the skin github.c,o,m/kylejohnson/zm_newskin/tree/35604ed2909c0d6a7dc3526983c8088479e578fb and after installing with Zoneminder 1.24 i have got this error

Notice: Use of undefined constant ZM_WEB_L_CAN_STREAM - assumed 'ZM_WEB_L_CAN_STREAM' in /var/www/zoneminder/skins/new/includes/config.php on line 98 Notice: Use of undefined constant ZM_WEB_L_STREAM_METHOD - assumed 'ZM_WEB_L_STREAM_METHOD' in /var/www/zoneminder/skins/new/includes/config.php on line 99

any ideas?