Release 1.24.3 preview

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

linuxsense wrote:This went pretty smooth for me but I am having an issue I cant sort. I upgraded my db from 1.24.2 but when viewing an event I get the following error when clicking the 'video' link to generate a video:

Code: Select all

[Thu Feb 03 14:25:33 2011] [error] [client 192.168.1.2] SQL-ERROR(15AE0F): Unknown column 'undefined' in 'where clause', referer: http://192.168.1.6/zm/index.php?view=event&eid=749583&filter[terms][0][attr]=DateTime&filter[terms][0][op]=%3E%3D&filter[terms][0][val]=-1+hour&filter[terms][1][cnj]=and&filter[terms][1][attr]=MonitorId&filter[terms][1][op]=%3D&filter[terms][1][val]=3&sort_field=StartTime&sort_asc=1&page=1
Anyone have any idea on the fix?
You should have a line just above the one you have included which gives the actual SQL statement that was being executed (it will be tagged with 15AE0F also). It would be helpful to see that as well if possible.
Phil
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

PacoLM wrote:
I have tried to install manually the perl module but:
I am unable to check at the moment but is the module not available as a Ubuntu package?
Phil
insippo

Post by insippo »

apt-cache search perl-module
libcgi-pm-perl - Simple Common Gateway Interface Class
libfile-path-perl - Perl module for creating or removing directory trees
libfile-temp-perl - Perl module to create a temporary file safely
libnet-smtpauth-perl - Perl module that provides SMTP authentication (Net::SMTP_auth)
libthread-queue-perl - Perl module for thread-safe queues
openser-perl-modules - Perl extensions and database driver for OpenSER
perl-base - minimal Perl system
perl-modules - Core Perl modules
My mother tongue is not english.Sorry if I do not speak correctly.
linuxsense

Post by linuxsense »

zoneminder wrote:
linuxsense wrote:This went pretty smooth for me but I am having an issue I cant sort. I upgraded my db from 1.24.2 but when viewing an event I get the following error when clicking the 'video' link to generate a video:

[Thu Feb 03 14:25:33 2011] [error] [client 192.168.1.2] SQL-ERROR(15AE0F): Unknown column 'undefined' in 'where clause', referer: http://192.168.1.6/zm/index.php?view=event&eid=749583&filter[terms][0][attr]=DateTime&filter[terms][0][op]=%3E%3D&filter[terms][0][val]=-1+hour&filter[terms][1][cnj]=and&filter[terms][1][attr]=MonitorId&filter[terms][1][op]=%3D&filter[terms][1][val]=3&sort_field=StartTime&sort_asc=1&page=1
You should have a line just above the one you have included which gives the actual SQL statement that was being executed (it will be tagged with 15AE0F also). It would be helpful to see that as well if possible.
Here it is:

[Thu Feb 03 14:25:33 2011] [error] [client 192.168.1.2] SQL-ERROR(15AE0F): select E.*,M.Name as MonitorName,M.Width,M.Height,M.DefaultRate,M.DefaultScale from Events as E inner join Monitors as M on E.MonitorId = M.Id where E.Id = undefined, referer: http://192.168.1.6/zm/index.php?view=event&eid=749583&filter[terms][0][attr]=DateTime&filter[terms][0][op]=%3E%3D&filter[terms][0][val]=-1+hour&filter[terms][1][cnj]=and&filter[terms][1][attr]=MonitorId&filter[terms][1][op]=%3D&filter[terms][1][val]=3&sort_field=StartTime&sort_asc=1&page=1
Thanks much for looking into this.
mastertheknife

Some fixes

Post by mastertheknife »

Hi,

I have collected some fixes of mine that i would like to make it into 1.24.3.
I'm not sure what would be the best way to upload them. I simply uploaded my git log together with the diffs, in order to explain what each change fixes:
http://pastebin.com/JWUMpQ1e

Also, i am working on fixing additional bugs at the moment and i hope you will add them into 1.24.3 as well.

mastertheknife.
insippo

Post by insippo »

either way it could, the events-cam1-zone4 such events would be written in column events

column events
event-1234-cam1-zone3
mastertheknife

Post by mastertheknife »

Hi,

Some more fixes that i would like to make it into 1.24.3:
http://pastebin.com/2GPRrQX0

Thank you,
mastertheknife :D
insippo

Post by insippo »

insippo wrote:either way it could, the events-cam1-zone4 such events would be written in column events

Sample
column events
event-1234-cam1-zone3
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

insippo wrote:
insippo wrote:either way it could, the events-cam1-zone4 such events would be written in column events

Sample
column events
event-1234-cam1-zone3
I'm not sure I really understand what you are discussing here.
Phil
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

mastertheknife wrote:Hi,

Some more fixes that i would like to make it into 1.24.3:
http://pastebin.com/2GPRrQX0

Thank you,
Thanks. I will go through these and the previous set you provided.
Phil
zoneminder
Site Admin

Re: Some fixes

Post by zoneminder »

mastertheknife wrote:Hi,

I have collected some fixes of mine that i would like to make it into 1.24.3.
I'm not sure what would be the best way to upload them. I simply uploaded my git log together with the diffs, in order to explain what each change fixes:
http://pastebin.com/JWUMpQ1e

Also, i am working on fixing additional bugs at the moment and i hope you will add them into 1.24.3 as well.

mastertheknife.
I have been going through these and most are spot on. I am considering what to do about the final one, the streamScale one, as just deleting the line seems to a bit of a blunt object. The only other ones I have some doubts about are the first two which are to do with freeing of ffmpeg structures.

Your first fix says

#
diff --git a/src/zm_ffmpeg_camera.cpp b/src/zm_ffmpeg_camera.cpp
#index 5015269..9323f15 100644
#--- a/src/zm_ffmpeg_camera.cpp
#+++ b/src/zm_ffmpeg_camera.cpp
#@@ -43,13 +43,13 @@ FfmpegCamera::FfmpegCamera( int p_id, const std::string &p_path, int p_width, in
# 
# FfmpegCamera::~FfmpegCamera()
# {
#-    av_free( mFrame );
#-    av_free( mRawFrame );
#+    av_freep( mFrame );
#+    av_freep( mRawFrame );
#     
#     avcodec_close( mCodecContext );
#-    av_free( mCodecContext );
#+    mCodecContext = NULL;
#     av_close_input_file( mFormatContext );
#-    av_free( mFormatContext );
#+    mFormatContext = NULL;
# 
#        if ( capture )
#        {
In other words you are replacing some av_free calls with av_freep, presumably in order to also zero the pointer. However as far as I can tell, av_freep should be passed a pointer to a pointer, in other words the address of the pointer. If you just pass the pointer in then bad things will probably happen.

Also I think you are suggesting that avcodec_close and av_close_input_file both free their respective passed in contexts. Looking at the code for ffmpeg I don't see any evidence of that.

I may have misunderstood your intentions with these changes so maybe you can elaborate.

Thanks.
Phil
jnmacd

Post by jnmacd »

linuxsense and developers,

This seems to happen only when using Chrome. Hope this helps to track down the problem.
linuxsense wrote:
zoneminder wrote:

Here it is:

[Thu Feb 03 14:25:33 2011] [error] [client 192.168.1.2] SQL-ERROR(15AE0F): select E.*,M.Name as MonitorName,M.Width,M.Height,M.DefaultRate,M.DefaultScale from Events as E inner join Monitors as M on E.MonitorId = M.Id where E.Id = undefined, referer: http://192.168.1.6/zm/index.php?view=event&eid=749583&filter[terms][0][attr]=DateTime&filter[terms][0][op]=%3E%3D&filter[terms][0][val]=-1+hour&filter[terms][1][cnj]=and&filter[terms][1][attr]=MonitorId&filter[terms][1][op]=%3D&filter[terms][1][val]=3&sort_field=StartTime&sort_asc=1&page=1
Thanks much for looking into this.
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Thanks. I think I have tracked this down to the fact that Chrome does not like variables named 'event' as I guess it clashes with actual javascript events. I think I have fixed this and will check it in later this evening if it proves not to have broken anything else.

I have been doing quite a bit of testing with Chrome today and it's not the best in the field streamwise. It appears to have a bug with multipart jpeg streams in that it will display the stream but nothing else on the page so I have had to make it fallback to updated stills for the live streams.
Phil
mastertheknife

Post by mastertheknife »

Hi Phil,
Thank you for adding the fixes and for your response :D
zoneminder wrote: I have been going through these and most are spot on. I am considering what to do about the final one, the streamScale one, as just deleting the line seems to a bit of a blunt object. The only other ones I have some doubts about are the first two which are to do with freeing of ffmpeg structures.

In other words you are replacing some av_free calls with av_freep, presumably in order to also zero the pointer. However as far as I can tell, av_freep should be passed a pointer to a pointer, in other words the address of the pointer. If you just pass the pointer in then bad things will probably happen.

Also I think you are suggesting that avcodec_close and av_close_input_file both free their respective passed in contexts. Looking at the code for ffmpeg I don't see any evidence of that.

I may have misunderstood your intentions with these changes so maybe you can elaborate.

Thanks.
Regarding the scale line, I simply noticed that you removed it from the live stream, but kept it for events and it seems more trouble than its worth and kills the stream on firefox 3.6 so i simply removed it.

Regarding ffmpeg:
1) Yes, i know that av_freep takes a pointer, and when reading your reply i didn't know whats wrong until i looked at my patch again and noticed i changed the function name but forgot to add a "&" to the pointers. :oops:
2) You are right, avcodec_close() doesn't free the structure, but you know what, avcodec_open() doesn't allocate it either! :shock:
On the call to avcodec_open(), it overwrote another codec context.
av_open_input_file does allocate a format context and av_close_input_file frees it.

Here is a hopefully corrected patch for the first file, after some reading about the FFMPEG API. I don't have any suitable cameras (just analog) so i'm unable to test it unfortunately.

--- a/src/zm_ffmpeg_camera.cpp
+++ b/src/zm_ffmpeg_camera.cpp
@@ -43,18 +43,27 @@ FfmpegCamera::FfmpegCamera( int p_id, const std::string &p_path, int p_width, in

FfmpegCamera::~FfmpegCamera()
 {
-    av_free( mFrame );
-    av_free( mRawFrame );
-    
-    avcodec_close( mCodecContext );
-    av_free( mCodecContext );
-    av_close_input_file( mFormatContext );
-    av_free( mFormatContext );
+    av_freep( &mFrame );
+    av_freep( &mRawFrame );

-	if ( capture )
-	{
-		Terminate();
-	}
+    /* Only free these (in the reverse order) if PrimeCapture() was called, otherwise they are all NULL */
+    if( mConvertContext ) {
+        sws_freeContext( mConvertContext );
+        mConvertContext = NULL;
+    }
+    if( mCodecContext ) {
+       avcodec_close( mCodecContext );
+       av_freep( &mCodecContext );
+    }
+    if( mFormatContext ) {
+        av_close_input_file( mFormatContext );
+        mFormatContext = NULL;
+    }
+
+    if ( capture )
+    {
+        Terminate();
+    }
 }

void FfmpegCamera::Initialise()
@@ -105,6 +114,11 @@ int FfmpegCamera::PrimeCapture()
     // Try and get the codec from the codec context
     if ( (mCodec = avcodec_find_decoder( mCodecContext->codec_id )) == NULL )
         Fatal( "Can't find codec for video stream from %s", mPath.c_str() );
+    
+    // Allocate memory for the new codec context that avcodec_open() will write to.
+    if( (mCodecContext = avcodec_alloc_context()) == NULL) {
+        Fatal( "Codec context allocation failed." );
+    }

// Open the codec
     if ( avcodec_open( mCodecContext, mCodec ) < 0 )

edit: fixed a typo.

mastertheknife
mastertheknife

Post by mastertheknife »

Hi Phil,

On another note, i think i've located another problem in the same file, although its harmless because mBuffer doesn't seem to be used for anything.

mCodecContext->height and mCodecContext->width in PrimeCapture() on a new codec context initialized by avcodec_open() and at this point doesn't contain properties such as height and width. This can cause avpicture_get_size to spit an error or a random value and mBuffer will reserve a memory buffer of the wrong size and later might cause memory corruption\segmentation fault. Correct height and width will be set automatically later by avcodec_decode_video2() causing the scaling process to work as expected.