Native android interface

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
mrd

Native android interface

Post by mrd »

Has anyone figured out how to get live streams on an android device yet?

Or at least found a way to support 3gp streaming through zm?
MRD
Ben

Post by Ben »

Try IPCAMviewer. You can find it in the store... You can select zoneminder in the program.
punch-card

Tiny Cam Monitor

Post by punch-card »

Try "Tiny Cam Monitor" it works pretty good, the secret to figure out which cam you need to connect to is look at the URL for the number from the main zm page when you mouse over each camera. Point to the Camera name, and look at the mid parameter of the URL.

Check out this thread http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... highlight=
Best Regards
Mike
lazerusrm

Post by lazerusrm »

Tiny Cam Monitor just released a new version with native support.

when adding in the server, just put in the ip address of the server, and under camera type, select zone minder, then in the advanced settings you can set the stream number.

-Brad

PTZ functions are working as well. i have tested them.
siddle81

Re: Native android interface

Post by siddle81 »

Android Native Development Using the Android Open Source Project, I mentioned that there are now two primary sets of tools that can be used to develop Android applications that include native C/C++ native code. The original, and still unsupported way, is to leverage the tools built into the Android Open Source Project to build Android applications.
jameswilson

Re: Native android interface

Post by jameswilson »

as android supports flash id suggest flash streaming. I did knock up a proof on concept that used the full screen movie player to view a stream. Ill look into it some more. But i too use the ipcam viewer app.
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk