Zoneminder development

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
PacoLM

Zoneminder development

Post by PacoLM »

Hi,

I have found this :

http://blog.cvisionlab.com/2010/10/vide ... .html#more

Is anyone of this forum using this plugins?. Are they going to be added in a next ZM version or are they a parallel development?

Regards,

PacoLM
DREMA

Post by DREMA »

Looks pretty nice!
Just... enjoy life! :D
gorban

parallel development

Post by gorban »

We are going to release sources of our Zoneminder fork on bitbucket soon. We also will be happy if Zoneminder's team accept our patches.
PacoLM

Post by PacoLM »

Hi,

Sounds great!, will this work in an ARM processor running debian 5?.

Happy Xmas!
mastertheknife

Re: parallel development

Post by mastertheknife »

gorban wrote:We also will be happy if Zoneminder's team accept our patches.
Likewise, i have made some patches to fix some web interface issues and other general issues and interested in sending them to the ZoneMinder's team but not sure to who and how. I wish ZoneMinder would be hosted on github, this would make forking and patching a lot nicer and easier.

Right now i am using git-svn to checkout ZM's SVN and then i am rebasing it against my local repository which contains some patches.
jdhar

Post by jdhar »

I'm looking into setting it up on GitHub, but am checking with Phil first... stay tuned.
eyeZm, Native iPhone App for ZoneMinder: http://www.eyezm.com

Version 1.3 now available on iTunes, introduces Montage view, HTTPS/SSL support and H264 native streaming!

Subscribe to RSS feed for updates: http://www.eyezm.com/rssfeed.xml
gorban

ZoneMinder fork

Post by gorban »

Please checkout our ZoneMinder fork.

Looking forward your comments.
---
R&D in Computer vision
laxpeter

Re: ZoneMinder fork

Post by laxpeter »

gorban wrote:Please checkout our ZoneMinder fork.

I'm very excited about your additions, but I'm having trouble compiling them. Configure succeeded, but make is stuck on the following error:

Code: Select all

$ make
make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/peter/zm-gorban/zoneminder'
Making all in src
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/peter/zm-gorban/zoneminder/src'
g++ -frepo -g -O2  -L/usr/lib -L/usr/lib/mysql  -rdynamic   -o zmc  zmc.o zm_box.o zm_buffer.o zm_camera.o zm_comms.o zm_config.o zm_coord.o zm.o zm_db.o zm_debug.o zm_event.o zm_exception.o zm_file_camera.o zm_ffmpeg_camera.o zm_image.o zm_jpeg.o zm_local_camera.o zm_monitor.o zm_ffmpeg.o zm_mpeg.o zm_poly.o zm_regexp.o zm_remote_camera.o zm_remote_camera_http.o zm_remote_camera_rtsp.o zm_rtp.o zm_rtp_ctrl.o zm_rtp_data.o zm_rtp_source.o zm_rtsp.o zm_sdp.o zm_signal.o zm_stream.o zm_thread.o zm_time.o zm_timer.o zm_user.o zm_utils.o zm_zone.o  -lz -lpcre -lgnutls-openssl -ldl -lpthread -ljpeg -lmysqlclient
zm_monitor.o: In function `Monitor::Analyse()':
/home/peter/zm-gorban/zoneminder/src/zm_monitor.cpp:1291: undefined reference to `ImageAnalyser::DoDetection(Image const&, Zone**, int, std::map<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::set<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::less<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > >, std::allocator<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > >, std::less<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > >, std::allocator<std::pair<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const, std::set<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::less<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > >, std::allocator<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > > > > >, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >&)'
zm_monitor.o: In function `Monitor':
/home/peter/zm-gorban/zoneminder/src/zm_monitor.cpp:325: undefined reference to `PluginManager::PluginManager()'
/home/peter/zm-gorban/zoneminder/src/zm_monitor.cpp:476: undefined reference to `join_paths(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)'
/home/peter/zm-gorban/zoneminder/src/zm_monitor.cpp:478: undefined reference to `PluginManager::loadPlugin(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)'
/home/peter/zm-gorban/zoneminder/src/zm_monitor.cpp:487: undefined reference to `PluginManager::configurePlugins(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >)'
/home/peter/zm-gorban/zoneminder/src/zm_monitor.cpp:325: undefined reference to `PluginManager::PluginManager()'
/home/peter/zm-gorban/zoneminder/src/zm_monitor.cpp:476: undefined reference to `join_paths(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)'
/home/peter/zm-gorban/zoneminder/src/zm_monitor.cpp:478: undefined reference to `PluginManager::loadPlugin(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)'
/home/peter/zm-gorban/zoneminder/src/zm_monitor.cpp:487: undefined reference to `PluginManager::configurePlugins(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >)'
zm_monitor.o: In function `PluginManager::setPluginExt(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >)':
/home/peter/zm-gorban/zoneminder/src/zm_plugin_manager.h:69: undefined reference to `PluginManager::m_sPluginExt'
zm_monitor.o: In function `~pair':
/usr/include/c++/4.4/bits/stl_pair.h:68: undefined reference to `Plugin::~Plugin()'
zm_monitor.o: In function `~PluginManager':
/home/peter/zm-gorban/zoneminder/src/zm_plugin_manager.h:49: undefined reference to `ImageAnalyser::~ImageAnalyser()'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [zmc] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/peter/zm-gorban/zoneminder/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/peter/zm-gorban/zoneminder'
make: *** [all] Error 2
From what I can tell, this is because the Makefile in src/ does not contain the new source files in am__objects_1, zm_SOURCES, or noinst_HEADERS. I see the additional files (zm_plugin_manager.cpp, etc) in src/Makefile.am but not src/Makefile.in.

I tried using automake to regenerate the Makefiles, but zoneminder seems to have some different method, perhaps through scripts/ZoneMinder/Makefile.PL ? I'm not familiar enough with this build structure to see exactly where the problem is. If I haven't figured it out soon, I'll probably try to directly edit the src/Makefile to include the changes from Makefile.am.
laxpeter

Post by laxpeter »

autoreconf seemed to fix my issue above. I'm still working on getting it running, but my current issues are just related to switching from the .deb to install from source in general.
mrd

Post by mrd »

This is great work. I really hope that ZM picks up these and packages them with the Arch CD!
MRD
laxpeter

Post by laxpeter »

I have this working with the native detection so far, but I haven't been able to find any plugins in the distribution to try out alternative motion detection.

Do you have any example plugins available for public testing yet?

Thanks
hirondelle

Post by hirondelle »

An example of plugin (face detector) is added to the bitbucket repo to the `plugins' directory. To the Wiki we have added information about building.
Please visit our http://blog.cvisionlab.com/ blog and post you comments there too.
bdmcnxn

Post by bdmcnxn »

laxpeter wrote:
gorban wrote:Please checkout our ZoneMinder fork.

I'm very excited about your additions, but I'm having trouble compiling them. Configure succeeded, but make is stuck on the following error:

$ make
make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/peter/zm-gorban/zoneminder'
Making all in src
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/peter/zm-gorban/zoneminder/src'
g++ -frepo -g -O2  -L/usr/lib -L/usr/lib/mysql  -rdynamic   -o zmc  zmc.o zm_box.o zm_buffer.o zm_camera.o zm_comms.o zm_config.o zm_coord.o zm.o zm_db.o zm_debug.o zm_event.o zm_exception.o zm_file_camera.o zm_ffmpeg_camera.o zm_image.o zm_jpeg.o zm_local_camera.o zm_monitor.o zm_ffmpeg.o zm_mpeg.o zm_poly.o zm_regexp.o zm_remote_camera.o zm_remote_camera_http.o zm_remote_camera_rtsp.o zm_rtp.o zm_rtp_ctrl.o zm_rtp_data.o zm_rtp_source.o zm_rtsp.o zm_sdp.o zm_signal.o zm_stream.o zm_thread.o zm_time.o zm_timer.o zm_user.o zm_utils.o zm_zone.o  -lz -lpcre -lgnutls-openssl -ldl -lpthread -ljpeg -lmysqlclient
zm_monitor.o: In function `Monitor::Analyse()':
/home/peter/zm-gorban/zoneminder/src/zm_monitor.cpp:1291: undefined reference to `ImageAnalyser::DoDetection(Image const&, Zone**, int, std::map<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::set<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::less<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > >, std::allocator<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > >, std::less<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > >, std::allocator<std::pair<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const, std::set<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::less<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > >, std::allocator<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > > > > >, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >&)'
zm_monitor.o: In function `Monitor':
zm_monitor.o: In function `PluginManager::setPluginExt(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >)':
/home/peter/zm-gorban/zoneminder/src/zm_plugin_manager.h:69: undefined reference to `PluginManager::m_sPluginExt'
zm_monitor.o: In function `~pair':
/usr/include/c++/4.4/bits/stl_pair.h:68: undefined reference to `Plugin::~Plugin()'
zm_monitor.o: In function `~PluginManager':
/home/peter/zm-gorban/zoneminder/src/zm_plugin_manager.h:49: undefined reference to `ImageAnalyser::~ImageAnalyser()'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [zmc] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/peter/zm-gorban/zoneminder/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/peter/zm-gorban/zoneminder'
make: *** [all] Error 2
From what I can tell, this is because the Makefile in src/ does not contain the new source files in am__objects_1, zm_SOURCES, or noinst_HEADERS. I see the additional files (zm_plugin_manager.cpp, etc) in src/Makefile.am but not src/Makefile.in.

I tried using automake to regenerate the Makefiles, but zoneminder seems to have some different method, perhaps through scripts/ZoneMinder/Makefile.PL ? I'm not familiar enough with this build structure to see exactly where the problem is. If I haven't figured it out soon, I'll probably try to directly edit the src/Makefile to include the changes from Makefile.am.
Have the same error. How is autoconfig supposed to help ? Tried that, but didn't progress.
laxpeter

Post by laxpeter »

bdmcnxn wrote:Have the same error. How is autoconfig supposed to help ? Tried that, but didn't progress.
I had that error when trying to follow the instructions in the INSTALL file included with the source.
Rather than make, and make install, I should have been using the:

aclocal
autoconf
automake
make
procedure from the wiki and the plugin fork's website:

https://bitbucket.org/gorban/zoneminder/wiki/building
wiki source instructions
bdmcnxn

Post by bdmcnxn »

laxpeter wrote:
bdmcnxn wrote:Have the same error. How is autoconfig supposed to help ? Tried that, but didn't progress.
I had that error when trying to follow the instructions in the INSTALL file included with the source.
Rather than make, and make install, I should have been using the:

aclocal
autoconf
automake
make
procedure from the wiki and the plugin fork's website:

https://bitbucket.org/gorban/zoneminder/wiki/building
wiki source instructions
Thanks a lot laxpeter. That worked.