Zoneminder install DVD 1.24.x (3/7/2011)

Support and queries relating to third party Live CDs and DVD, VM images and other packaged distributions
Maxxarcade

Post by Maxxarcade »

Got the cards working, but still have a minor issue- ZM doesn't seem to save the montage layout view. Whichever view I last selected is still shown, but the layout itself goes back to a single column until I change the view to something different.

Also noticed that most of the monitors take a long time to become available, which is why I thought I was having BTTV issues at first. Not sure if the computer is too slow, or that it's acting up because I only have one input supplied with a signal. Sometimes I can make them become available (turn from red to orange) by opening the properties on them and saving them again.

Making good progress though. I might try this distro on my main ZM system in a bit.
ESjaavik

Re: Zoneminder install DVD 1.24.x download

Post by ESjaavik »

newvisionantenna wrote:update 9/28/2010

updated install dvd with ubuntu desktop - appears to correct desktop login and install procedure.

http://newvisionantenna.com/br541/awd-z ... 10-rc1.iso
http://newvisionantenna.com/br541/awd-z ... c1.iso.md5
I tried to install from this DVD choosing the direct install in the boot menu.
But it looks like it just booted live and no installation took place.
The HD already have Windows XP. Should I repartition it first?
Einar AT_CHARACTER eunet DOT_CHARACTER no
newvisionantenna

Post by newvisionantenna »

It's great to see this dvd is still getting use. I'm not sure what may have happened during your install. From what I remember you may have to go into live mode and then select the install from either the desktop or under one of the menu options.

I can't believe it's almost two years since I joined this forum. A lot has happened in this time. I found zoneminder why trying to make a "wireless mesh" security system. At one point I had wireless routers running webcams and reporting into zoneminder and all kinds of stuff lying around my house. Eventually I had to turn focus on other things, but I'm very thankful for sticking to what I had ideas about.

If anyone is interested in looking at the end result of a lot of hard-work and ideas just take a look here.

http://www.awdmesh.com

I can't support it officially on the site, but if anyone wants to get with me offline I can talk about how one of the products can run usb webcams and link into zoneminder.
eddiex

Post by eddiex »

So... how does this work?

I have dl the ISO files, and boot on it.. on vmware...
I gets the boot menu...

But when I select something (execpt memory check) it freeze.
(memory check works)..

Any ideas?

Eddie
lewsut

Post by lewsut »

Just a few quick questions:

When the initial prompt appears to install, is something supposed to happen other than just be take to the Live DVD environment with option to install zoneminder on the desktop?

Also when I click that and install, Zoneminder is not installed, is this correct?

Cheers :o

Ignore me: I see what is going on now :)
cooj

Post by cooj »

eddiex wrote:So... how does this work?

I gets the boot menu...

(memory check works)..

Any ideas?

Eddie
I get the same thing- have tried DL again and reburning disk but all I get is the boot menu and then it freezes instead of installing.

Any suggestions anyone? :cry:
linuxman84

I must be missing something

Post by linuxman84 »

I have everything installed and running in a vm for testing, but I can't access the zoneminder web interface, I dont seem to know what the user name and password are, is the some kind of default password I need to put in? or a script I need to run? anyhelp would be appreciated.

Thanks

Joe
newvisionantenna

It should be just admin/admin.
Source

Post by Source »

Just a small question, i have tried the DVD Iso from the first post and all works well
Just one question, i need to install some software on the machine after installing it, but do not have the password for root
And when i SU or SUDO no password i try works.
Can someone send me the default (direct install) root/SU password?
bihon

Post by bihon »

cooj wrote:

I gets the boot menu...

(memory check works)..

Any ideas?

Eddie
I get the same thing- have tried DL again and reburning disk but all I get is the boot menu and then it freezes instead of installing.

Same here.
It looks like this version works only with 64bit processors.
Any link with older versions?
Source

Post by Source »

cooj wrote:

I gets the boot menu...

(memory check works)..

Any ideas?

Eddie

For me, i had the same issues with freezing at first as well(i would select a menu item, then it it would to load and then stop), so i changed from an old dvd burner to a new DVD burner, and it started to work, and has since installed it several times using the new burner
Source

Post by Source »

Source wrote:Just a small question, i have tried the DVD Iso from the first post and all works well
Just one question, i need to install some software on the machine after installing it, but do not have the password for root
And when i SU or SUDO no password i try works.
Can someone send me the default (direct install) root/SU password?
nevermind i found that there is no default password for SU/SUDO.
just going to a terminal and typing:
sudo passwd
enter your current user password
then enter twice a new root/su/sudo password, and all was happy.
mrd

Post by mrd »

Is there a 32bit version available?
MRD
rangerbob

Post by rangerbob »

What is the mysql root password?, i am thinking of adding asterisk to this.
Chuck D wrote:All of the passwords and the instructions of how to change them are in the icon on the desktop that says "mysql_password.txt"
newvisionantenna

It's been awhile, so I honestly don't remember. I'm looking at creating a new one that includes the latest version. Meanwhile, you should be able to change the root password and alter your zoneminder config to the new one.