need single or dvr pci type cards for 2 cameras

Post here to indicate any hardware you have used and which is known to work with ZoneMinder. Not for questions.
dmb2002man

need single or dvr pci type cards for 2 cameras

Post by dmb2002man »

Hello,

I need to purchase hardware to setup 2 cameras for our office. The cameras use a bnc type connector and i have adapters for the bnc to composite adapter. I need either a cost effective pci dvr card or two single type pci cards. I tried wintv-pvr 150 and 250 and found there not compatible with zoneminder so i got approved to order new cards that will work. So far i have looked into the hauppauge impact vcb card that seems to work with the latest ubuntu and has composite connections. It has the 878a capture card. There $40 for each card. Can i get more options that has been tested and working on the latest linux operation.

thanks
allanE

Post by allanE »

Try this link

http://store.bluecherry.net/category_s/95.htm

If you need more advice Curtis is most helpful.
Allan
dmb2002man

Post by dmb2002man »

http://store.bluecherry.net/Provideo_PV ... na_oem.htm

Will this work with the latest ubuntu server 10. Also since each of my cameras are bnc, i can plug each straight into each bnc port on card. Does link recongize it automatically or will i need to install the driver. Also how would i go about installing it on ubuntu server. Is this a bttv card=77.

thanks
dmb2002man

Post by dmb2002man »

dmb2002man wrote:http://store.bluecherry.net/Provideo_PV ... na_oem.htm

Will this work with the latest ubuntu server 10. Also since each of my cameras are bnc, i can plug each straight into each bnc port on card. Does link recongize it automatically or will i need to install the driver. Also how would i go about installing it on ubuntu server. Is this a bttv card=77.

thanks
can anyone let me know if this will work with the latest ubuntu and 2 single bnc cameras. After reading reviews on that card, people posted that it will work under fedora and ubuntu. I just want to make sure before ordering the card. THANKS
Dreded

Post by Dreded »

I haven't used this card myself but because it uses the bt878 chip ubuntu almost certainly will recognize it right away without you needing to do anything and it will for sure work under linux....

with the shared BT878 chips I find I almost always have to disable V4L_MULTI_BUFFER under the zoneminder options > Config page to get it so the images display correctly
kingofkya

Post by kingofkya »

BT878 are very generic for linux works fine on almost all distros. also the pvr cards you had will work you just can not use the mpeg feed off them (video0) you have to use (video25) or something like that.

run this to check.
ls /dev | grep video