Matroska (.mkv) Event Storage + Axis RTSP/H264 fixes

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
warmcat

Matroska (.mkv) Event Storage + Axis RTSP/H264 fixes

Post by warmcat »

Hi, all!

I released support for Matroska (.mkv) Events storage.

By the way all works fine, exept Timeline and single Image view ( I'm not expert in web, and so it is difficult for me to understand how to do this)
New option, ZM_USE_MKV_STORAGE, which enables this feature is added You will not loose any old images when this option is enabled (when no .mkv file is found Eventstream will fall back to previous method of view)
Plus there is some patches for proper handling RTSP protocol (fragmentation fixes and so on...)

But !!! Patch is about 130k (unzipped) in size and I'm interesting where to place it... :)

If there is interest in it tell me...
kingofkya

Post by kingofkya »

box.net is a good choice.
warmcat

Patch

Post by warmcat »

Here is the patch:

http://www.box.net/shared/cquevqnorf

Patch is against original Zoneminder 1.24.2 taken from Debian repository
kingofkya

Post by kingofkya »

I will have to give this a try this week end.
warmcat

Post by warmcat »

kingofkya wrote:I will have to give this a try this week end.
After patch applying you must update your mysql Zoneminder database by running
mysql zm < zm_update-1.24.2.sql
from db directory
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Hi,

I have downloaded the patch and will check and apply it over the weekend.

Thanks
Phil
Pada

Post by Pada »

Impressive work warmcat.

Unfortunately I don't have an x264 capable camera connected to my servers atm so I can't test the patch, but the modifications in the patch did impress me.

I've tried to get x264 streaming going with ZM last night, but I was unsuccessful to get anything more than the first frame to play in vlc/mplayer.
I've tried to add the x264 medium + main ffmpeg presets to the VideoStream::SetupCodec function in zm_mpeg.cpp - see the values that I've used: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3553 ... codec-x264

What I did manage to do was to pipe zms output to ffmpeg, which then encoded it into x264, which worked 100% in VLC but the CPU usage was quite high.
grmela

Post by grmela »

Any news regarding this patch? We're really looking forward to implementing this because some of our clients got SVGA or even 720p Axis cameras and saving the images in MJPEG uses a lot of disk space...not mentioning high network load with higher frame rates.

Stability and functionality is our major concern so we cannot apply the patch before the issues are fixed (some of our clients use the Timeline view).
warmcat

Post by warmcat »

grmela wrote:Any news regarding this patch? We're really looking forward to implementing this because some of our clients got SVGA or even 720p Axis cameras and saving the images in MJPEG uses a lot of disk space...not mentioning high network load with higher frame rates.

Stability and functionality is our major concern so we cannot apply the patch before the issues are fixed (some of our clients use the Timeline view).
I add some modifications in code of zm to handle timeline and single image view, but find some problems in viewing this pages with Chromium browser
Problem is with assignment initial values to variables in javascripts (only in Chromium)
Now I don't know how to solve this problem and though I deside to make a pause in work on this project
grmela

Post by grmela »

Chromium doesn't bother me much...maybe except the iPhone functionality. Have you tried it in Safari?

Most of our users use IE or Firefox so if this is the only problem with the patch, I would try it on our test install to see how well it works with our Axis Q6032-E. Could you please upload the updated version somewhere so I can test it out?
chriswiggins

Re: Matroska (.mkv) Event Storage + Axis RTSP/H264 fixes

Post by chriswiggins »

Has anyone looked at patching this for 1.25.0? Very interesting addition and am very keen to get it to work.

(Sorry for digging up an old thread)