Zoneminder install DVD 1.24.x (3/7/2011)

Support and queries relating to third party Live CDs and DVD, VM images and other packaged distributions
newvisionantenna

Post by newvisionantenna »

The version of Zoneminder on the dvd was put together in such a way that all the features I could possible test just worked. I actually had asterisk installed on there, but removed it a cleaner install and more secure.
doncipo

Post by doncipo »

Thank you for the very nice distro ! Can you update it to Ubuntu 10.4 LTS when available? Please ! 10.4 has much improved wireless support.
newvisionantenna

I went ahead and started fresh with Kubuntu 10.10 (beta just released). I've already got everything installed from source with all additional options enabled. Quickly tested against axis 320x240 and 640x480 cams online with mmap option turned on. Every camera performed flawless and all functions worked. I checked the scale rate, video making with avi, export with zip/rar, and a couple other things. When I get more time I'll add and test more. The kernel is 2.6.35.21 and should have all extra wireless and media software/drivers installed. Time for 80211N and Zoneminder!
doncipo

Post by doncipo »

WOW. Thanks for the update! Can't wait to test it ;)
newvisionantenna

I can't say I've reinstalled the .iso I put together, but if you want to give it a try and provide feedback I can improve it. I'll test local this weekend if I have time. The only problem I noticed is a crash of kde when trying to login to the desktop, might have been the virtual machine I was using. The console login method worked just fine as well as the zoneminder interface.

I have a script that regenerates the ssh key on each new install to improve security. The username and password for console will be whatever you specify on install. The web inteface for zoneminder will be in the /zm directory and accept the default admin/admin password. Keep in mind I left phpmyadmin on there, so best to change the root mysql password or remove phpmyadmin until I get it fixed up better.
Last edited by newvisionantenna on Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
newvisionantenna

Forgot to mention, the above download is intended for and will only run on 64bit machines.
doncipo

Post by doncipo »

It's working great ! Thanks alot !
newvisionantenna

Thanks for the report, but did you have any problems logging into the graphical desktop?

I need to get an extra 64bit machine to test outside of my KVM server since kdm seems to crash inside the virtual enviroment.
doncipo

Post by doncipo »

I didn't have any problem logging into the graphical interface. All seems running very smooth (at least with my setup). Thanks very much again !
newvisionantenna

Thanks! Now when I get time I can add more and would also like to test out the improved wireless drivers. I would like to eventually add in all the best addons, skinds, and features that have been created.
Maxxarcade

Post by Maxxarcade »

I just installed the 10.10 beta distro, and my system gets stuck in a loop while loading the desktop.

It gets to the part where the hard drive icon appears, then some others start appearing. At that point it drops to a text screen saying something about "unknown job: s50cups" or something along those lines. It doesn't give me enough time to read it before the GUI tries to load again.

Any idea how I could fix this?
newvisionantenna

That's probably my fault for doing update/upgrades on the beta dvd. After doing all kinds of updates on packages and upgrading the kernel I ran into a problem on my virtual machine where it would keep reloading the login screen when trying to log in. I'll see if I can figure out a quick fix, but here soon the offical 10.10 will be out. I'll probably just go back and redo it all or see if I can update to the stable release. Meanwhile you should be able to get into the command line and work around the problem.
bumann

Post by bumann »

I have downloaded the dvd from the first post. It is a very good release. The only thing that didn´t work is to change the language to de_de! when i change it, after a zm reboot there are some php error messages ...
Who can I fix there errors?!
Sorry for my bad english!
Greetings from Germany
newvisionantenna

Hello!

Thanks for downloading and trying it out. I just got finished updating the base install everyone is using and I can now log into the desktop with no issue - of course now I need to go back and test as much as possible with zoneminder to make sure functions work.

I've never tried to change the language. I'll see what happens when I do.
newvisionantenna

Anyone have an assortment of ip cams they could pm me details to for testing? I've been finding mainly axis cams online to test since most of my stuff it packed up.