2x Bt878 4 Channel Card - Please Help.

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
Gatekeeper-ZA

2x Bt878 4 Channel Card - Please Help.

Post by Gatekeeper-ZA »

Ok I have installed everything and looks correct.
I have set up the cards and they work correctly I can see the image of video0 and video1 but don't know how to see the other channels in xawtv but that's not too bad.

I have added monitors the 4 channels eg. In source of monitor setup device path is /dev/video0 channel 0 resolutions are correct format and palette is correct I thing got them on v4l1.dosnt seem to change much if I change settings.

When I open the montage viewer I see my first cam /dev/video0 (0) channel 0 the cube is white. The others are all black with some jitter.

Now on the second card same thing white cube others black. /dev/video1(1) channel1
Now. Every now and then there are flashes in the cubes. Before I had 1 image in the first cube but it kept cycling the channels ob only 1 the fist cube. If I remove all other monitors and leave only 1 eg. /dev/video0(0) on channel 0 then it displays but also has that flash as like cycling channels. Does anyone have a clue what's happebinv or how to fix.

Help would me much appreciated. Thanks...
bb99

Post by bb99 »

Change CAPTURES_PER_FRAME to 2 or 3 (try 2 first). Also make sure your shred memory setting are correct (wiki how to).
Gatekeeper-ZA

done

Post by Gatekeeper-ZA »

Ok the capture frames are set and the memory allocations set.now I get /dev/video0 but no other channels on the card as well as the second card doing the same thing. /dev/video1 other channels show blue cubes.
Gatekeeper-ZA

please guys

Post by Gatekeeper-ZA »

Please guys would really appreciate some help. Have tried everything...
kingofkya

Post by kingofkya »

It maybe ff's newer jpeg rendering try in zm options setting the mpgeg support from auto to no so the java app loads.
Gatekeeper-ZA

have tried

Post by Gatekeeper-ZA »

Bo luck on the ffmpeg yet still only picking up 1 channel.
eternaluxe

Post by eternaluxe »

pull one of the cards and try to get multiple cams on the remaining card first.
Gatekeeper-ZA

tried

Post by Gatekeeper-ZA »

Have Tried pulling 1 card still same problem. picks up 1st channel not the other 3...

have tried changing distro's at to try and fix the problem and also no luck. have followed the guides exactly still cant seem to figure it out...

thanks for the reply
Gatekeeper-ZA

maybe something or nothing.

Post by Gatekeeper-ZA »

i dont know about groups maybe it could be my group settings...

can someone please explain the procedure setting up the group...
Flav

Post by Flav »

Fix your video channels first
/etc/udev/rules.d/83duplicate.rules

Code: Select all

# Liens permanents Video Pour carte Capture Video Surveillance
# Video1 Route /dev/video1 vers /dev/vroute
KERNEL=="video*", ATTRS{device}=="0x036e", ATTRS{vendor}=="0x109e", ATTRS{subsystem_vendor}=="0x804a", ATTRS{subsystem_device}=="0x763c", SYMLINK+="vroute"
# Video2 Cave /dev/video2 vers /dev/vcave
KERNEL=="video*", ATTRS{device}=="0x036e", ATTRS{vendor}=="0x109e", ATTRS{subsystem_vendor}=="0x804b", ATTRS{subsystem_device}=="0x763c", SYMLINK+="vcave"
# Video1 Route /dev/video1 vers /dev/entree
KERNEL=="video*", ATTRS{device}=="0x036e", ATTRS{vendor}=="0x109e", ATTRS{subsystem_vendor}=="0x804c", ATTRS{subsystem_device}=="0x763c", SYMLINK+="ventree"
# Video1 Route /dev/video1 vers /dev/varriere
KERNEL=="video*", ATTRS{device}=="0x036e", ATTRS{vendor}=="0x109e", ATTRS{subsystem_vendor}=="0x804d", ATTRS{subsystem_device}=="0x763c", SYMLINK+="varriere"
# Video0 Webcam /dev/video0 vers /dev/grenier
KERNEL=="video*", ATTRS{idProduct}=="08d9", ATTRS{idVendor}=="046d", SYMLINK+="vgrenier" 
#ATTRS{device} and ATTRS{vendor} are the chanel of your Vidéo card  "lspci" 0R "lsusb" fa web cam
Gatekeeper-ZA

how to

Post by Gatekeeper-ZA »

how do i fix the video card rules...? sorry am not sure..

sorry i dont have this file either /etc/udev/rules.d/83duplicate.rules
must i create it or...?

thanks for helping btw ...
eternaluxe

Re: tried

Post by eternaluxe »

Gatekeeper-ZA wrote:Have Tried pulling 1 card still same problem. picks up 1st channel not the other 3...

have tried changing distro's at to try and fix the problem and also no luck. have followed the guides exactly still cant seem to figure it out...

thanks for the reply
I have a 4channel Bt878.
zoneminder-test:~# lspci -v | grep Multimedia
04:00.0 Multimedia video controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Video Capture (rev 11)
04:00.1 Multimedia controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Audio Capture (rev 11)
zoneminder-test:~# find /dev -name video*
/dev/video0
/dev/.udev/names/video0
Here is my /etc/modprobe.conf

options bttv card=82 tuner=4

I'm using two cameras with it on /dev/video0

This guy is using two 8 channel cards. His modprobe info is at the bottom of the article:
http://churchgoopensource.blogspot.com/ ... u-904.html

You might be able to do something similar?

Flav:
Fix your video channels first
/etc/udev/rules.d/83duplicate.rules
Where did you learn this idea from? I'd like to check it out further. Thanks!

-eternaluxe
Flav

Re: tried

Post by Flav »

eternaluxe wrote:
Where did you learn this idea from? I'd like to check it out further. Thanks!

-eternaluxe
Somewhere in this site on a gv800 post.
I do that for all my ubuntu system and it's work fine.
Whith this you can configure ZM monitor with the cam fonction name :

KERNEL=="video*", ATTRS{device}=="0x036e", ATTRS{vendor}=="0x109e", ATTRS{subsystem_vendor}=="0x804a", ATTRS{subsystem_device}=="0x763c", SYMLINK+="facestreet" 

Monitor FaceStreet --> /dev/facestreet

And it's work with web cam (because on reboot they can change /dev/videox) like this it's fix and you can add the same model
;)