Vivotek IP7130 compatible?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
HellMind

Vivotek IP7130 compatible?

Post by HellMind »

Is Vivotek IP7130 compatible with zoneminder 24.2?
Its like IP7131 but the only difference I see is
Audio bi-directional
Dual-Codec MJPEG/MPEG-4.

Which code Zm uses? MJPEG or MPEG-4?

MPEG-4 is still "experimental" on zm 24.2?
johnnytolengo

Post by johnnytolengo »

sure vivotek works very well with ZM in mjpeg mode.
HellMind

Post by HellMind »

johnnytolengo wrote:sure vivotek works very well with ZM in mjpeg mode.
Wiki just give info about 3 or 4 models of vivotek ip cameras,
Is there a way to predict if/how a model not listed there works with zm?

MJPEG can work at 30 fps?
Eklectick

Post by Eklectick »

Hi!

It does work under 1.24.2

I use the following under Source:

Remote Protocol: RTSP
Remote Method: RTP/RTSP
Remote Host Name: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (Camera IP Adress)
Remote Host Port: 554
Remote Host Path: /live2.sdp (u can get from any of the 4 streams, check cam settings for others)
Remote Image Colours: 24 bit colour
Capture Width (pixels): 640
Capture Height (pixels):480
Preserve Aspect Ratio: not checked
Orientation: Normal

Since the camera is set as to not authenticate using rtsp no user and pass is needed but can be set on the camera to be asked when accesed via http.

I believe this camera frame rate goes up to 15fps only, I capture at 4fps.

Using the traditional jpg pull does work too but configuration has to be done on the camera side so as to the stream to be set at JPG. This is a great camera, has worked very well up to now (knock on wood) no freezes or black screens runnin under RTSP. Bought a better lens for it which covers a much better area than the traditional one that comes with it.

Have not tried MegaPixel capture with modetect because of fear of slow down (too big an image). This camera has built in motion detection, it would be great if ZM supported motion detection on the camera side for Vivotek cameras whereas the motion is detected on the camera and ZM would only sort and save events. This would take off a load on the server and would take advantage on the "intelligent" side of these new cameras.

Regards!
HellMind

Post by HellMind »

Eklectick wrote:Hi!

It does work under 1.24.2

I use the following under Source:

Remote Protocol: RTSP
Remote Method: RTP/RTSP
Remote Host Name: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (Camera IP Adress)
Remote Host Port: 554
Remote Host Path: /live2.sdp (u can get from any of the 4 streams, check cam settings for others)
Remote Image Colours: 24 bit colour
Capture Width (pixels): 640
Capture Height (pixels):480
Preserve Aspect Ratio: not checked
Orientation: Normal

Since the camera is set as to not authenticate using rtsp no user and pass is needed but can be set on the camera to be asked when accesed via http.

I believe this camera frame rate goes up to 15fps only, I capture at 4fps.

Using the traditional jpg pull does work too but configuration has to be done on the camera side so as to the stream to be set at JPG. This is a great camera, has worked very well up to now (knock on wood) no freezes or black screens runnin under RTSP. Bought a better lens for it which covers a much better area than the traditional one that comes with it.

Have not tried MegaPixel capture with modetect because of fear of slow down (too big an image). This camera has built in motion detection, it would be great if ZM supported motion detection on the camera side for Vivotek cameras whereas the motion is detected on the camera and ZM would only sort and save events. This would take off a load on the server and would take advantage on the "intelligent" side of these new cameras.

Regards!
IP713X works at
25fps/50hz
30fps/60hz

also capturing at 4 fps is a waste of hardware

do you use it at 640x480?
Eklectick

Post by Eklectick »

Hi

Well it is a waste of hardware from the moment u dont capture at full res and not using its built in features.

I do capture at 640x480 at 4 fps. A couple of cams at this rate and size fills up on modect a 500GB drive with about a month and a half of events, so this is about just the way I like it up to now.

On the other side, if ZM were to pull events only while talking advantage from the built in motion detection, buffer or even with the possibilty of pulling them from an internal SD card hmmmm future looks good on development :-) full res capture would be possible much better without the overhead of motion detection et al from the server.

Regards!