New Skin for 1.24

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
kylejohnson

Re: Menus

Post by kylejohnson »

rwjones wrote:I have installed the new skin. I can bring it up in the web browser, but when I click on any of the menus all I receive is the page 'It Works'.
Sounds like your Apache is setup incorrectly ('It Works' is the default Apache welcome page I believe).

Are you hosting ZoneMinder as a virtual host, or in a subdirectory of an existing host?
lookathome

Post by lookathome »

i've deleted and clone it again.
I get the new update ("System" now hace same skin of other pages).
But i recive the same problem.
I've found another problem but i fixed it

Code: Select all

Warning: chdir() [function.chdir]: No such file or directory (errno 2) in /usr/share/zoneminder/skins/new/views/pagination_data.php on line 7
I fixed to changing the line from chdir("/var/www/zm"); into chdir("/usr/share/zoneminder"); in the pagination_data.php

Maybe is the same problem with TableAutoinc function?
What the path of this funcion ?
I cant find in monitor.php file.
lookathome

Post by lookathome »

The "event" page does not show nothing if language is different from en_gb
kylejohnson

Post by kylejohnson »

lookathome wrote:i've deleted and clone it again.
I get the new update ("System" now hace same skin of other pages).
But i recive the same problem.
I've found another problem but i fixed it

Warning: chdir() [function.chdir]: No such file or directory (errno 2) in /usr/share/zoneminder/skins/new/views/pagination_data.php on line 7
I fixed to changing the line from chdir("/var/www/zm"); into chdir("/usr/share/zoneminder"); in the pagination_data.php

Maybe is the same problem with TableAutoinc function?
What the path of this funcion ?
I cant find in monitor.php file.
Thanks for pointing out that bug - I've fixed it in the latest commit.

Back to your problem... getTableAutoInc() is a function in the /includes/database.php (outside the scope of the skin) so I haven't changed that file.

I'm not getting this error while in the monitor view (I guess you went to Admin -> Add Monitor?), so could you walk me through how to reproduce your error?
kylejohnson

Post by kylejohnson »

Hmm, you're right about the language problem. I have it working in some other languages - for example dk_dk works in the event page, but not in the monitor page. I'll have to spend some time this week to figure it out.
lookathome

Post by lookathome »

Well, it seems i dont have that function in my database.php file!
kylejohnson

Post by kylejohnson »

OK, looks like that function (getTableAutoInc()) doesn't appear until version 1.24.2, and you're using 1.24.1. So you'll need to upgrade your ZM.
lookathome

Post by lookathome »

update via reposity on ubuntu :

sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list 
added string

deb http://zoneminder.bluecherry.net jaunty main 

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
and everything goes fine, now i can add monitors!
Thanks a lot
kylejohnson

events-slideshow

Post by kylejohnson »

So after using the new skin at a clients site, where I had to actually try to find a specific event, I realized how useless the Events page itself was - the little thumbnails did nothing except take up space and provide a link to the lightbox, which is where the good stuff happened.

So how about a slider-gallery type for the events, where the full size image can be played back? The thumbs can be scrolled to the left and right easily, and when clicking on a thumb, the fullsize image is shown above. Click play, and the event plays back right there.

Similar to before, filtering via the left-side navigation will update the thumb list.

Let me know your thoughts!

Rough Draft
Idling as gnulnx in #zoneminder on freenode. Come say hi!
kingofkya

Post by kingofkya »

Thats awsome will try out the new version later this week
kylejohnson

Post by kylejohnson »

kingofkya wrote:Thats awsome will try out the new version later this week
The events-slideshow branch isn't as complete as master, but it is what I'll be mostly working on this week.
kylejohnson

Post by kylejohnson »

Made some good progress on the events-slideshow branch yesterday and I am going to merge it into master. I think this view is much more useful than the original, paged view. Still not complete, but usable.

I'll be working on the Stills view next.
timgman

I've been waithing for this for 3 years..

Post by timgman »

I've been waiting for this type function for ever.. It's what I've alwaysfelt zoneminder was missing.
let me know whn you want someone to test this
allstellar@ yahoo dot com
kingofkya

Post by kingofkya »

Two things:

Suggestion:
Add a Refresh/Checkout Git or something simmaler to a page.

Issue:
Seams to not work if zm is under a directory http://example.com/zm

Once again thanks.
kylejohnson

Post by kylejohnson »

King - that is a good idea and shouldn't be too hard to implement. I think I'll stick a "check for update" button on the system page.

As for the issue, I thought I took care of that but haven't actually tried it out on my system. Unfortunately all of this development is happening on a live system, so I can't move around the directory structure to test. If you have time to figure out where the issues are, let me know and I'll make changes. Otherwise it'll have to wait until I get a development server up (I bought two servers from Ebay and am having problems with both!).

Tingman - If you could assist with the above issue (that King mentioned), that would be great.

BTW, I got a basic 'infinite-scroll' feature working for the events thumbnail view. Works, but not terribly well.