Cannot get mpeg4 stream from Axis camera

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
pignattino

Cannot get mpeg4 stream from Axis camera

Post by pignattino »

I'm trying to configure an Axis 211 camera to obtain a mpeg4 stream, but after saving settings of camera and platform, I can see only a black window saying "Waiting for video".
If I put the url "rtsp://192.168.52.164:554/mpeg4/1/media.amp" in a browser I can open the stream with an external application.
Can someone help me?
Francesco
antar

Re: Cannot get mpeg4 stream from Axis camera

Post by antar »

pignattino wrote:I'm trying to configure an Axis 211 camera to obtain a mpeg4 stream, but after saving settings of camera and platform, I can see only a black window saying "Waiting for video".
If I put the url "rtsp://192.168.52.164:554/mpeg4/1/media.amp" in a browser I can open the stream with an external application.
Can someone help me?

check if you have libavutils installed
and check if the CGI is enabled in apache
coke

Post by coke »

also, did you use the axis rtsp preset? They're lower on the list than the axis's on top. Your rtsp path looks a little off from what I'm used to. What are your settings on the source tab?

I've used the "Axis IP, mpeg4, RTP/RTSP/HTTP" on the 211's, and you just need to enter the ip address, or if it's not set for anonymous viewing, user:password@ip.address then set the resolution to 1280x1024 unless you have yours set lower.

I had at one point setup all of my axis's to use RTSP when it became available in ZM (1.24.1?), but after adding additional cameras, my CPU was starting to choke. I switched my axis's back to mjpeg, and my load went from 40 or higher to 20ish. (It's a quad core, 15's good). I'm also getting higher quality streams, without frame dropouts, weird artifacts, etc.

Has anyone else explored this issue? I was told that RTSP was faster at one point, but that seems to be drastically not the case for me. I also set the cameras to 0 compression, which dropped my load down to 15, presumably because ZM doesn't have to decompress the image.
koffu

Post by koffu »

Hello!

I have a similar problem, mjpeg on AXIS M1011 works prefectly, but I want mpeg4, because internet channel have not enough bandwidth. My installation - Fedora 12, logs say:

Code: Select all

zmc_m3[5004]: FAT [You must have ffmpeg libraries installed to use remote camera protocol 'rtsp' for monitor 3]
Can somebody help me with troubleshooting?
ffmpeg with ffmpeg-libs are installed from rpmfusion repos.
koffu

Post by koffu »

One day of hark work to make zoneminder to solve

FAT [You must have ffmpeg libraries installed to use remote camera protocol 'rtsp' for monitor 3]
give nothing. Manual depends handling move out warnings from configure stage, but still get the same error with debian and fedora servers...

Can somebody help with this issue????
koffu

Post by koffu »

I have in config.status

D["HAVE_LIBAVFORMAT_AVFORMAT_H"]=" 1"
how to enable also

D["HAVE_LIBAVFORMAT"]=" 1"
?
novazion

Post by novazion »

I found something interesting, but I'm don't have enough Linux skills to clearly understand this solution:

The discussion comes from a fedora list:
http://www.mail-archive.com/users@lists ... 07752.html
koffu

Post by koffu »

Thank you for reply, this is my topic and my answer in user mail list too, I have fixed this issue.

I recompile zoneminder with some changes to autoconfiguration script. I
'll answer, if you need more details or have some queston.

but really strange why ffmpeg-libs support was commented out in stable release??? why, if it have --with-ffmpeg option?
novazion

Post by novazion »

Ok! good.
So in fact in the post you mention a patch, is this only for configure.ac?
Can you provide it?

Thanls!