9100 how to get zm viewing

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
jd896

9100 how to get zm viewing

Post by jd896 »

H I'm having problems getting my zoneminder box to see images from the 9100a the 9100 has the yohics firmware on it and images can be seen on the web interface the problem is I am unshure of where I need to point the zm too I have read that this needs a script possibly will the round robin mode get round this or not if needed ssh and access to the config is availible many thanks

John norton
jd896

Post by jd896 »

right thanks to mycal i now have the correct address and setting ect
i still however cannot get my zm box to get images from it i have two zm boxes currntly set up and nither can get a image but using the address i can get a jpg in both firefox and internet explorer
can anybody see or think of a reason that this isnt working all i get is a red source

thanks john
whatboy

Post by whatboy »

The proper way to use google is to set on the search box something like this...

site:www.zoneminder.com WhatevaWe'reLookingFor in your case...

site:www.zoneminder.com ip 9100a

It will show you this link... http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... d46331bf5b

There is a pic... this pic...
jd896

Post by jd896 »

Thanks for the reply but in this case the forums where of know help unless there is any mention of ubuntu adding apparmor to there latist version of server and this was causing the problem apparmor must have seen the traffic as bad and blocked it i have put the solution at the end of a guide for installing on ubuntu server 64 bit in the forums But thanks for reminding me of googles very useful and well known search terminology
coke

google search

Post by coke »

I've found that searching via google is much more productive than searching through phpbb. Also uses google's resources more than the zoneminder forum's. Using google, it properly treats quoted items ("two words" looks for both together), -/+ symbols ("two words" -"three words" ) searches for occurrences of "two words" together, but only on pages that don't have "three words" on them. A + before a word or quoted text will only show you pages that definitely have that combination on them.

The + and - are extremely useful for narrowing down your search.

Alternatively, if you'd prefer somewhat obscured answers filled with lagging unrelated multimedia content, and ultimately being eaten by a vampire, try Bing.
kingofkya

Post by kingofkya »

Alternatively, if you'd prefer somewhat obscured answers filled with lagging unrelated multimedia content, and ultimately being eaten by a vampire, try Bing.
nice