New Skin for 1.24

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
picci8

Post by picci8 »

craver84 wrote:kylejohnson, thanks for your skin!

i've got a problem with Mootools, can anybody help me please?

Code: Select all

MooTools not found! Please download from
http://mootools.net and install in ZoneMinder web root.
Skins are a little independent from the whole code structure.

In the script includes/functions.php of each skin there are some references to "mootools" scripts: simply old skins still have old script names.

To have them operate you have to edit and to change them in the same way you can see in the "classic" skin: tools/mootools/mootools-core.js and tools/mootools/mootools-more.js instead of tools/mootools/mootools-(version)-core-nc.js and tools/mootools/mootools-(version)-more-nc.js

For me this solved all mootools related problems. Hope this help.
craver84

Post by craver84 »

thank you very much! that solved my problem!
craver84

Post by craver84 »

kylejohnson:
PROBLEMS:
* Functions requiring use of the checkbox (edit, delete, move) do not really work. You can still edit by clicking on the camera source
* I am pulling the still image from the Zones directory, so the zones are overlaid on the image.

REQUESTS:
* AJAX-y drag-and-drop of monitors for reordering
behind the image there are: name, events, hour ....
I think there is a bug: name is the same value of events
thanks
kylejohnson

Post by kylejohnson »

craver84 wrote:
kylejohnson:
PROBLEMS:
* Functions requiring use of the checkbox (edit, delete, move) do not really work. You can still edit by clicking on the camera source
* I am pulling the still image from the Zones directory, so the zones are overlaid on the image.

REQUESTS:
* AJAX-y drag-and-drop of monitors for reordering
behind the image there are: name, events, hour ....
I think there is a bug: name is the same value of events
thanks
Could you post a screenshot of this? It is probably a CSS issue.
kylejohnson

Drag-and-Drop

Post by kylejohnson »

I have finished working on the AJAX drag-and-drop of monitors. This replaces the up-down arrows of the classic skin.

Drag-and-Drop is provided by jQuery.

See the first post of this topic if you'd like to try it out.
ammaross

Post by ammaross »

Mootools More has draggables and droppables using Drag.Move and the like. Would preclude having to introduce a new jlib too. Just a thought.
kylejohnson

Post by kylejohnson »

ammaross wrote:Mootools More has draggables and droppables using Drag.Move and the like. Would preclude having to introduce a new jlib too. Just a thought.
Hmm, indeed you are right. I'll look more into mootools tomorrow.
kylejohnson

Post by kylejohnson »

Committed two more changes this morning.

1: Replaced the snapshot generation - was pulling the Zones.jpg file, now using the outputImageStill() function, so the zones are no longer overliad on top of the image on the console.
2: Added support for live monitor streaming in the console. If bandwidth is set to low || medium, you'll get the snapshot (which updates when the page is refreshed). if bandwidth is set to high, you'll get live streaming instead of the still.
craver84

Post by craver84 »

I've just tried the new version of your project, and I find it really great!
the live monitor streaming it's a great idea! good work!

two bugs I found:
1--> I have 2 cams. The color of the function (none = red, monitor = orange ....) and the source of the first cam depends of the state of the second.
My first cam is mocord ("mocord" should be in green), the second if none (red), but both are red

2--> maybe it's my fault, but I can't drag-and-drop the monitors or I don't know how to do it. I'm using Firefox 3.5.8

many thanks for your work!
kylejohnson

Post by kylejohnson »

craver84 wrote:I've just tried the new version of your project, and I find it really great!
the live monitor streaming it's a great idea! good work!

two bugs I found:
1--> I have 2 cams. The color of the function (none = red, monitor = orange ....) and the source of the first cam depends of the state of the second.
My first cam is mocord ("mocord" should be in green), the second if none (red), but both are red

2--> maybe it's my fault, but I can't drag-and-drop the monitors or I don't know how to do it. I'm using Firefox 3.5.8

many thanks for your work!
I'm able to recreate your first problem and I'll see if I can fix that today.

As for drag-n-drop, do you have the following files?
zm/skins/new/js/jquery-1.4.2.min.js
zm/skins/new/js/jquery-ui-1.8rc3.custom.min.js

To drag, you simple drag any part of the monitor and it should work. I doubt you're doing something wrong. :)
kylejohnson

Post by kylejohnson »

Committed the fix for the Function / Source color bug into git.
craver84

Post by craver84 »

now everything works great! thanks
kylejohnson

Post by kylejohnson »

Looking for some thoughts on the following changes:

I've separated the history from the monitors - similar to the classic skin - though cleaned up to present only the information relative to events. This is just a first draft but I think it is on the right path to an end-user friendly interface.

Comments? Suggestions?
craver84

Post by craver84 »

Hi kylejohnson,
I've just downloaded it with GIT .. I think is the new one because
there is the gray area on the top (that I really like!), but the history is not separated from the monitors.

I think that this layout it's a bit confusing. I love this layout because there are the images and so I don't have to read the monitor's name to find them. With the history separated from the monitor, is the same as before. When an end-user wants to have a look at the history, looks first at the image, and then click on the events.

I prefer them together, but it's only my opinion...

A bug?
When I click on source (of the monitor) and a new windows appears, but I can't navigate the tabs ( Source, Timestamp, Buffers, Misc). With the classic skin I can...
craver84

Post by craver84 »

I have to upload and image, how can I do that? [/img]