events & archives

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
NedraE

events & archives

Post by NedraE »

We have two zoneminders running on two different machines.
In the Shop we are running 1.22.3
On the Server we upgraded to 1.23.2

My husband does the installation and I maintain the events, selecting which to keep, and which to purge. So, I don't know what "type" and "release" are referred to in your Readme before Posting message. My husband said it's - Ubuntu 8.04 - 64 bit.

I did search and found no prior posts on this topic.

In the 1.22.3 console, when I go through the Events, I delete most, but occasionally wish to save one, so I archive that event, which moves the event OUT OF the Events list and INTO the Archives list. This is useful and appropriate. I don't need two different copies of the same event.
e.g.:
ID . Name ... .. Function .. Source .... Events Hr Da Wk Mo Archive Zone
1. Southwest Monitor /dev/video5(0) .. 7 ... 0 .. 0 .. 1 .. 7 .... 4 .... 3
[ this is what showed before the upgrade to 1.23.2 on the Server ]

In the 1.23.2 console, when I select to "Archive" an event, the event is placed in the Archive list BUT is ALSO listed in the Events list with a star. My husband states that you may have done this as a feature, but I view it as a flaw and a bug. I do NOT need my archived events to be ALSO duplicated in the list of Events, even with a star next to it.
e.g.:
ID . Name ... .. Function .. Source .... Events Hr Da Wk Mo Archive Zone
1. Southwest Monitor /dev/video5(0) . 11 ... 0 .. 0 .. 1 .. 7 .... 4 .... 3
[ this is what shows now, after the upgrade. The 4 archived files are also shown in the Events list. ]

How can I set 1.23.2 so events that are archived will NOT also show in the list of events?
Nedra E
NedraE

answer

Post by NedraE »

My husband found the answer.
Click on Events.
Go to Show Filter Window
Next to Monitor ID # - click on the + sign
add "Archive Status" and set it to Unarchived Only
and Submit or Execute... and it changes the list of Events immediately.

There's a timer on so this command's not showing yet in the show Filter Window, but it changed it immediately in the list of events.

Addendum:
The ability to filter archived events from the normal event window appears to be a default setting in 1.22.3 and an optional setting in 1.23.2, however the change in the filter I inserted has not taken effect.

Is there any way to make this a default behavior for the Events?
Nedra E
BrownBottle

Post by BrownBottle »

Have you found any way to set this as the default behavior? I would very much like to have the archived events omitted from all events like version 1.22.3 did.
Larry

Work is a great thing to see -- in your rearview mirror ;-)
NedraE

Post by NedraE »

We've never been able to do so on our 1.23 version, so as far as we know, it's still not possible. We hope it will return to working the way 1.22.3 did on this issue sometime soon.
Nedra E
viddud

Post by viddud »

Hi All,

I've just installed 1.24.2 and have the same issue, my previous version was 1.21.4 and as you have said, when you click on archive the event disappears from main events screen so you can't accidentally delete your archive entries.

Can someone from ZM please confirm if this behaviour is deliberate or is it a bug. It is now quite easy to delete your archive events by mistake. I don't want to have to apply a filter each time, I want it to be the default behaviour.
jerji

Getting rid of archived events from the events list

Post by jerji »

I am running 1.24.2 after upgrading from a previous version. Like others I desperately miss the ability to automatically filter out archived events (as the default setting).

Can we please get this back in, or tell us how to set it up?

Jerji