Freezing with Firefox

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
gazoo

Freezing with Firefox

Post by gazoo »

After about 5 minutes of watching a cam, the stream freezes and I have to delete the history of the ZM site on firefox to get it to come back..how do I fix this?
Flasheart

Post by Flasheart »

I've noticed something similar when viewing zm's camera feed, Apache2 seems to crash, or zombie. After watching a zm feed for some time, other websites on the machine fail to respond. In this case, "apachectl2 restart" lets it right back in, so I don't know that it is zm's fault, but maybe a bug with a late version of apache?

One other problem I've met is that Firefox *still* has reliability problems with mjpeg feeds, and on machines that use them a lot I have now switched to Chrome which will sit there all day handling multiple mjpeg streams without exploding like FF >2.0x does.
Flav

Post by Flav »

i have the same problem.
in don't know why.

I've add cron job with apache restart but is not verry good solution.
gazoo

Post by gazoo »

Well I used to restart apache, but it seems like it could be a client problem so clearing the cache seems to solve it on the browser side. Either way I don't like it..hasn't anybody addressed this yet?
Paranoid

Re: Freezing with Firefox

Post by Paranoid »

gazoo wrote:After about 5 minutes of watching a cam, the stream freezes and I have to delete the history of the ZM site on firefox to get it to come back..how do I fix this?
Check you are using the latest version of firefox. An earlier version (about 18 months ago?) had a bug where it wouldn't close a stream once you had finished viewing it. This resulted in firefox freezing.
th

Post by th »

Flav wrote:i have the same problem.
in don't know why.

I've add cron job with apache restart but is not verry good solution.
Though it's against my browser-religion, I find that using IE with the cambozola.jar gets around the lockups better than anything else.

The only downside to cambozola.jar for me is that you can't click to zoom and you can't change the Scale.

Also, jZMconsole might be a good option. I only ran it for an hour or two so far and it didn't suffer lockups.

Before I converted to IE/cambozola.jar, I was using K-melon browser with significantly less lockups.
coke

Post by coke »

Chrome, perhaps? Works dandy for me.
Flav

Post by Flav »

Though it's against my browser-religion, I find that using IE with the cambozola.jar gets around the lockups better than anything else.

The only downside to cambozola.jar for me is that you can't click to zoom and you can't change the Scale.

Also, jZMconsole might be a good option. I only ran it for an hour or two so far and it didn't suffer lockups.

Before I converted to IE/cambozola.jar, I was using K-melon browser with significantly less lockups.
Ok but in my configuration (security) i can't connecte with jZm and all user use Firefox.