Zoneminder install DVD 1.24.x (3/7/2011)

Support and queries relating to third party Live CDs and DVD, VM images and other packaged distributions
henriquejf

Post by henriquejf »

Try out NXclient if you have a chance and let me know if it works for you. Don't forget, jZMConsole is on there
ok ! ill be testing those clients and as i have mentioned, no need to stop your workflow to send me an update script, i just wondered if you had one ready...;

maybe i am facing something particular, what wouldnt beneffit more users (actually i think i am facing a zm bug, we´ll see in the end)...

tks again for your ready support !!!
-----------------------
Henrique Barbosa
Consultant
Juiz de Fora, MG - Brazil
kp4djt

LiveCD/DVD download

Post by kp4djt »

Where do I go to pull it down and try it? I am presently running 1.23.3.
Would like to give 1.24.2 a try.
Chuck Hast -- KP4DJT --
Web site www.wchast.com
ZM demo www.wchast.com/zm
crates

Dumb question

Post by crates »

Thought I'd give this a test but can't find a working download link on your site for the DVD.

What am I missing ? :(
w21rd

search iso

Post by w21rd »

Just like Crates I could not download the dvd.

I would love to give it a try.
newvisionantenna

Post by newvisionantenna »

Sorry, been forever.

I pulled all my idea's together of a wireless mesh security network and a captive portal capable device and would like to present it to everyone,

http://www.anaptyxmesh.com

Some of you might not remember or know, but I had a huge interest in making usb webcam's work with a mesh network. Well, not it's possible and also the option of linking in wireless or wired to the mesh is possible. I've played a huge role in pulling this off and think people will really find this a good solution to not only run a wireless hotspot billing system, but also as a wireless security mesh network. I have people running test setup's with Orbit AF camera's using Pan and Tilt with amazing picture quality. The 680mzh cpu and 64mb ram just performs amazing running the webcam.

Without going to much in detail, since the network is self healing and almost zero setup, portforward to access camera's is so simple that it only requires rules on the "gateway" router itself and not on any repeaters. It's just amazing!

Also, for people that want that 1.24.x dvd, I'll get it back in a location where people can download it and run it for free.
w21rd

Post by w21rd »

newvisionantenna wrote:Sorry, been forever.

Also, for people that want that 1.24.x dvd, I'll get it back in a location where people can download it and run it for free.
Still no luck here. :oops:

Grtz W21rd.
Mr.Ziggy

download link?

Post by Mr.Ziggy »

Download is not working for me either.

Is this working for anyone?
newvisionantenna

Sorry guys, been awhile. I did find time to redo the Zoneminder DVD and removed all activation requirements. It is now completly free to install and use for the rest of your life. I would like to send a big thanks to Chuck @ http://www.wifigator.com for hosting the DVD and md5. There is so much to this DVD in terms of security applications and fine tuning security. Upon each install ssh keys are regenerated and there is a webgui with a password changer to lock down all web based applications.

http://update.ilovemywimax.com/zonemind ... 1.24.x.iso
http://update.ilovemywimax.com/zonemind ... .x.iso.md5

Everything has been tested to include ffmpeg, email alerts, overall stability, and multiple usb and remote cameras. We believe we have found a cheap solution in using wireless repeaters for not only Wi-Fi, but for CCTV solutions. The DVD can be installed to most hardware. We highly recommend installing by selecting the direct install option at the initial greeting screen. The screen might go black after selecting install, be patient and the install will proceed by asking a couple short questions.

*new desktop with nxclient remote desktop
*extra web cam drivers installed, DVD only
*support for remote control of mjpg_streamer devices
*complete set of tools to manage your server
*phpmyadmin
*munin
*phpsysinfo
*webmin
*Wine for familar windows programs, DVD only
*8.04 LTS for long term support

added more to 1.24.x

Zoneminder SVN 2859 installed with mmap memory on
Mjpg_Streamer SVN with all plugins and outputs
StreamMinder, complete GUI for controlling Mjpg_streamer

The following programs that work with Zoneminder

ZMviewer aka QT Viewer (setup and working)
jZMConsole server
ttsoares

md5 URL broken

Post by ttsoares »

http://update.ilovemywimax.com/zonemind ... 1.24.x.iso
http://update.ilovemywimax.com/zonemind ... .x.iso.md5

That URL for the MD5 is not working, only the one for the ISO itself is ok.
The fact is a secondary aspect of Reality.
newvisionantenna

I noticed earlier and sent a message to the person hosting it. I'm sure it will be fixed soon, but in the mean time here is the same md5 file that belongs with the DVD,

http://www.newvisionantenna.com/br541/w ... .x.iso.md5
w21rd

Thanks, Danke

Post by w21rd »

I would like to say thanks to the persons who made this DVD possible.
I will be out for a few weeks so not install it immediately.
again many thanks. Ward :wink:
jimmyzshack

Post by jimmyzshack »

this is a great dvd thanks. how do you have to do to update zoneminder to v1.24.2 or what commands to use to do it.
rustyst

Post by rustyst »

Is there a repository link that someone can give us.
newvisionantenna

I wouldn't even worry about upgrading it. While it says it's 1.24.1 or something like that, it was built from trunk and was close to the .2 release. The thing to remember is that it works, has ton's of features, and removes a lot of the headache involved in getting zoneminder to a working state. All I can say is that it worked for me with about every camera I had and almost every feature atleast appeared to work. If you upgrade it your probably going to break it, it was all hand built, no install package to it. I would highly suggest just running it and enjoy. If someone does take the time to upgrade it and or make alterations make sure to use the included remaster program and save yourself a copy for future installs.

I've got my install up and running for over a month again using random Axis camera feeds from all over the world with different resolutions, no problems at all.
dariush

Upgrade to 1.24.2

Post by dariush »

Hi guys,
first of all, thank you very much for providing a perfectly working distro.
I had a lot of problems making the system working in a stable way, your distro started up within few seconds and I was finally able to test all the features with no problems.

The simple question is: how can I upgrade zm to the lastest version without cuppurting everything?

Secondly: is there a quick way to integrate your distro with asterisk?

Best regards and thank you again.
Godd work.
Dariush