Export list of events to video doesn't happen

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
lorsungcu

Export list of events to video doesn't happen

Post by lorsungcu »

I've got 57 events that I need to export as video so I can join them and back them up as video, but I can't get them to export as video. If I do a single event, it will export properly (through the event viewer), but if I filter the events I need, and ask ZM to create videos for all matches, goto list view and select all/export video, it just sits there going "Exporting..." forever. I tried it with only a couple events, same thing. Never gets past the 'Exporting...' stage. When I click Export in the list view, nothing appears in the log.

What would be ideal would be a command to create video files for all events and concatenate them with ffmpeg...if I can get this to work maybe I'll see about making a script for filtering?

I really, really need this done today - has anyone else had a similar problem/issue? In the mean time I'm going to go through and export individual events one by one, but this would be a really helpful function to have working in the future..
Linsys

Same issue kinda

Post by Linsys »

I have almost the same issue...

When I go to each event I can download the video just fine, also when I select "Create video for all matches" in the Event Filter that seems to work because I see ffmpeg working like crazy...

But when I check all the events in the filter I created and try to export the files it quickly returns stating the export was done, I can download the .tar file but there is nothing in it.

I also see this in my error_log

Undefined variable: exportVideo
Linsys

[SOLVED]

Post by Linsys »

Ok here is the solution that worked for me:

http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... xportvideo

I put in the patches located at the bottom of the page..

Then I started to have the issue the previous poster, posted about where it would just say exporting for ever and never stop.. this was because my memory_limit in my php.ini was only 16M I uped this to 128M

memory_limit = 128M, obviously if you export too many files or the files are too large it will take a while.. You can check the status with ps -ef | grep gzip

Also you can check if the file is being written here:

/var/www/html/zm/temp

Hope that helps.